Re: Annual subscription

Benny Barber

Kosta,
Thank you for FlickType. It has been a blessing to be able to type with this keyboard. The users of this keyboard feel like we can type just as well as the sighted. I hope that you will continue your work on FlickType and make it an even better keyboard. I appreciate all your hard work. I definitely would be willing to pay a higher fee for this app. I hope Ashley is doing better and will continue to do so. Thank you.
Benny Barber

On Sep 12, 2019, at 9:28 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Hi all,

Ashley and myself have been overwhelmed in recent months, primarily due to Ashley's health-related issues. She was hospitalized a while back but she's back home now. Most of the work I started has been put on hold.

Additionally, I wanted to let you all know that the total revenue generated by FlickType has been very little, barely enough to cover administrative expenses -- we are only doing this to serve the community.

That said, I do plan to see if it's possible to make it work with iOS 13. People are reporting that all 3rd-party keyboards are non-responsive with VoiceOver, and my experience has been similar, which sounds like a real show-stopper. I will have to wait until iOS 13 is finally released before I try to come up with any potential workarounds, so that I work with a somewhat stable iOS version rather than any of the ever-changing betas.

Finally, there's a chance I'll get around to switching to a small one-time fee instead of the subscription, if I find the time to do this.

Thank you for your support so far,