Re: Annual subscription

George Cham

I agree with the sentiments.
Even if the project does stop for the time being, I just wanted to say thank you for all what you’ve done for us. Take your time and sort yourself out.

Kind Regards,

George Cham
Get Outlook for iOS

From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of Rob Whyte <fudge@...>
Sent: Friday, September 13, 2019 8:10:10 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Annual subscription

thoughtful message

Warm regards Rob Whyte JAWS certified 2018
On 13/9/19 7:56 pm, Jean-Philippe Rykiel wrote:
Ashley and Kosta, 
Even if the project has to stop now, you will have my everlasting gratitude for what you’ve done. I wonder if a subsidy would be possible for your  project.
All the Best to the whole family.
JPR

Le 13 sept. 2019 à 11:40, George Cham <George.cham@...> a écrit :

judging from what costa has     just said in his email, don’t expect FlickType to be updated in the near future.
I      can understand that ashley   has not been well, and the subscription amount has not been large.

Kind Regards,

George Cham
Get Outlook for iOS

From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of Rob Whyte <fudge@...>
Sent: Friday, September 13, 2019 7:12:52 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Annual subscription

Hope your family is better and little bub is thriving.

May be worth while until you manage to find a solution to 3rd party keyboards advising people stay on IOS 12.

best of luck

Rob

Warm regards Rob Whyte JAWS certified 2018
On 13/9/19 12:28 pm, FlickType wrote:
Hi all,

Ashley and myself have been overwhelmed in recent months, primarily due to Ashley's health-related issues. She was hospitalized a while back but she's back home now. Most of the work I started has been put on hold.

Additionally, I wanted to let you all know that the total revenue generated by FlickType has been very little, barely enough to cover administrative expenses -- we are only doing this to serve the community.

That said, I do plan to see if it's possible to make it work with iOS 13. People are reporting that all 3rd-party keyboards are non-responsive with VoiceOver, and my experience has been similar, which sounds like a real show-stopper. I will have to wait until iOS 13 is finally released before I try to come up with any potential workarounds, so that I work with a somewhat stable iOS version rather than any of the ever-changing betas.

Finally, there's a chance I'll get around to switching to a small one-time fee instead of the subscription, if I find the time to do this.

Thank you for your support so far,

- Kosta

Join hello@flicktype.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.