toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Ashley and Kosta,
Even if the project has to stop now, you will have my everlasting gratitude for what you’ve done. I wonder if a subsidy would be possible for your project.
All the Best to the whole family.
Le 13 sept. 2019 à 11:40, George Cham <George.cham@...
> a écrit :
judging from what costa has just said in his email, don’t expect FlickType to be updated in the near future.
I can understand that ashley has not been well, and the subscription amount has not been large.
Hope your family is better and little bub is thriving.
May be worth while until you manage to find a solution to 3rd party keyboards advising people stay on IOS 12.
best of luck
Warm regards Rob Whyte JAWS certified 2018
On 13/9/19 12:28 pm, FlickType wrote:
Ashley and myself have been overwhelmed in recent months, primarily due to Ashley's health-related issues. She was hospitalized a while back but she's back home now. Most of the work I started has been put on hold.
Additionally, I wanted to let you all know that the total revenue generated by FlickType has been very little, barely enough to cover administrative expenses -- we are only doing this to serve the community.
That said, I do plan to see if it's possible to make it work with iOS 13. People are reporting that all 3rd-party keyboards are non-responsive with VoiceOver, and my experience has been similar, which sounds like a real show-stopper. I will have to wait until iOS 13 is finally released before I try to come up with any potential workarounds, so that I work with a somewhat stable iOS version rather than any of the ever-changing betas.
Finally, there's a chance I'll get around to switching to a small one-time fee instead of the subscription, if I find the time to do this.
Thank you for your support so far,