Re: Email Operations for Changing Groups.io List Settings

Chuck Dean

Hello everyone,
I may have the answer, and then again I may not. I went to the following link:

https://flicktype.groups.io/g/beta

There I could subscribe to the Beta group at Fliktype. There are three other members besides me.

Chuck (mobile)

Our 1972 Honda 600 Coupe

Our 1961 Vespa 400

On Apr 8, 2018, at 4:20 PM, Dave <dave.beckett.uk@...> wrote:

Hi Paula,

you're not on your own, i'm very confused too.

Dave.

-----Original Message----- From: Paula Page
Sent: Sunday, April 08, 2018 10:37 PM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [flicktype] Email Operations for Changing Groups.io List Settings

I am very confused. If I stay in this group, what messages will I get? Do I need to join a subgroup?

Paula

On 8 Apr 2018, at 21:30, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Please note that we have now created the alpha@flicktype.groups.io and beta@flicktype.groups.io subgroups. This means that the general group had to change to a flicktype.groups.io type of address, and it is now hello@flicktype.groups.io. I am not sure if the above posted links by Alan will now work, but it's worth a try.

FYI the creation of the 2 subgroups was done for the following reason:

The number of beta testers has increased dramatically, and keeps increasing faster and faster, and with that the number of messages will soon be problematic for folks looking to find something specific as well as keep their inbox under control. The alpha group will take away some of that volume and will also ensure that the beta releases, even though less frequent, will be more polished and probably trigger fewer bug report messages. In a similar fashion, once FlickType hits the App Store later this month, many people will want to join the discussion but will not be interested in anything related to beta or alpha builds.

Hope this helps, and please let us know how we can further improve this, we are open to ideas.