Strange Flicktype, iOS 13 beta, and Audio Ducking Problem

Chris Smart

Ok, this one is strange.

With the latest iOS 13 developer beta, and the latest Flicktype beta, and only when ducking is turned on, the key click sound ramps up in volume unexpectedly, when using my phone's internal speakers.

When using 2nd generation Airpods, Voiceover reading each word I type is what jumps up in volume, to extremely high levels.

I have yet to experience this with any other app or the built-in iOS keyboard.

This is with an iPhone 8 Plus.

Chris

Check out The Making Better podcast, interviewing some of the world's finest thinkers, discussing an optimistic vision of the future.
https://www.makingbetterpod.com/