Re: Cannot get flick type keyboard or FlickType Classic to work on my iPad

Did you reboot your device after installing the system wide keyboard? This used to be a requirement with earlier version installs so it might be worth a try.

Alan Lemly

On Dec 16, 2018, at 5:12 PM, David Speck via Groups.Io <sfblessings=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Yes. The classic app now works fine, but the system wide keyboard just won't work.

On Dec 16, 2018, at 1:51 PM, Sieghard Weitzel <@Sieghard> wrote:

Did you give Flicktype full access in Settings > Flicktype?

-----Original Message-----
From: hello@flicktype.groups.io <hello@flicktype.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Speck via Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, December 16, 2018 9:33 AM
To: hello@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Cannot get flick type keyboard or FlickType Classic to work on my iPad

I just installed the current beta of the system wide keyboard. Functionality does not change regardless of the typing mode. Even direct touch is not solving the issue in the system wide keyboard.
On Dec 16, 2018, at 12:17 PM, David Speck via Groups.Io <sfblessings=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hello Ashley,
I finally did receive the messages. Thank you for responding. Changing the rotor to direct touch and turning it on did solve the problem with the classic app. I will install the system wide keyboard shortly and give it a try as well.
Thanks again,
Dave
On Dec 12, 2018, at 2:50 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Hi David,

Hope you received our other reply, will you please confirm that direct touch is enabled within the rotor?

Thanks!
Ashley

On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 05:20 PM, David Speck wrote:

d mini 2 running iOS 12.1. I have not been able to get any version
of FlickType Classic to work properly on this iPad in iOS 11 or 12.
Whenever I install either one, I can open the app, but when I touch
the screen where the keyboard is, voiceover simply says what the
opening script for flick flick type is. It never types anything. I
cannot select letters or characters. None of the functions work. All
I can do is close the app and uninstall it. Any idea why this is not
working for me? Is anyone else having this problem? Our my messages to this forum even going through?
Thank you