Then you can add words like Applevis by typing it precisely, once you exit Flicktype it will be entered into he dictionary and the next time you tap out Applevis it should work.
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
From: firstname.lastname@example.org <email@example.com> On Behalf Of Jessica D
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2018 4:53 AM
Subject: Re: [FlickType] Upcoming pricing changes
I love Flicktype.
I'd be willing to pay anything between $0.99, and $9.99.
If the new price was above that, I'd think about it first, because some of the words I type, like Applevis, aren't recognized by flicktype.
Flicktype has trouble entering web addresses in Safari.
On Nov 21, 2018, at 5:07 AM, Mark Davies <mark.davies@...> wrote:
Sorry to read about your problems with Apple. Shame that a company that tries to gain PR credit by telling the world how great they are for doing accessibility seems unable to communicate the need for accessibility to ALL their staff.
Anyway, regarding pricing, my suggestion would be to try to keep it fairly low but to include a "tip jar" in the app. That way people could still support you in the future. I know a few apps use this method already, although I'm not sure how effective it is financially.
BTW I use the stand alone version of FT and you could put a donation button there too, with maybe a suggested amount.
On 20 Nov 2018, at 23:20, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:
Dear FlickType friends,
We have had numerous rejections of FlickType by Apple over the last few months, most often due to the uncommon nature of our app being a keyboard for VoiceOver users. Usually the reviewer is confused by the way they need to operate the keyboard with VoiceOver, and it takes some back-and-forth before they eventually reverse their devision and let us release our updates to the App Store.
This past weekend, our update got rejected because, quote, "the app uses auto-renewing subscriptions, but it is not an appropriate use of the service". This has happened before, and after our detailed explanation and position they agreed to reverse their decision at the time. It would seem that they have now either changed their policy, or this is a different person reviewing the app and for some reason they don't have the context of our earlier conversations. This is likely to happen again in the future, even if we succeed in getting the current update through.
Either way, App Store rejections and appeals to the App Review Board take a long time to resolve, time that we can better spend developing the app itself. We have therefore decided to drop the subscription model moving forward, and instead introduce a one-off purchasing fee for the system-wide keyboard, so that we at least eliminate one of the potential causes of App Store rejections and delays in the future.
We have not yet decided on the pricing, and in fact we'd love to hear some of your ideas on that. We are still hoping that we can find a price that is both reasonable for users, and also sustainable for us as a business. We also wanted to share this background information with you, and for you to be aware of the upcoming pricing changes.
Again, we welcome your thoughts in the matter, and we are thankful for all your support so far.