Re: Upcoming pricing changes

JP Shandra <blindambition777@...>

Hello Ashley and Kosta,
This is a hard question when dealing with the Blind community. I am getting very frustrated with Apple, but I won't get started on that.
Most blind users aren't financially secure. I had no problem paying the $12 for the year. I would be willing to pay much more. This keyboard is invaluable to me. It makes life much easier. Although, I know many others just can't.
You guys no doubt need to be compensated fairly for time and value of your product.
Have you tried reaching out to Sarah Herrlinger? She is VP of Apple's Accessibility. There's no doubt that FlickType is a unique product that doesn't fit into the typical mold. If Apple is truly a champion for accessibility, they should be giving this keyboard its upmost support.

On Nov 20, 2018, at 4:44 PM, Paul Henrichsen <paul@...> wrote:

I am paying $12 per year for a podcast program. I wonder how that differs from flicktype?

Paul Henrichsen

On Nov 20, 2018, at 4:38 PM, Chuck Dean via Groups.Io <chuckdean@...> wrote:


Chuck (mobile)
Pleez x cuze enny tie ping or spelin air ores.

On Nov 20, 2018, at 5:36 PM, Chuck Dean via Groups.Io <chuckdean@...> wrote:

Hi Kosta and Ashley,
Perhaps you should contact Apple Accessibility. They may be able to get the right people to do the right thing.

Chuck (mobile)
Pleez x cuze enny tie ping or spelin air ores.

On Nov 20, 2018, at 4:20 PM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

Dear FlickType friends,

We have had numerous rejections of FlickType by Apple over the last few months, most often due to the uncommon nature of our app being a keyboard for VoiceOver users. Usually the reviewer is confused by the way they need to operate the keyboard with VoiceOver, and it takes some back-and-forth before they eventually reverse their devision and let us release our updates to the App Store.

This past weekend, our update got rejected because, quote, "the app uses auto-renewing subscriptions, but it is not an appropriate use of the service". This has happened before, and after our detailed explanation and position they agreed to reverse their decision at the time. It would seem that they have now either changed their policy, or this is a different person reviewing the app and for some reason they don't have the context of our earlier conversations. This is likely to happen again in the future, even if we succeed in getting the current update through.

Either way, App Store rejections and appeals to the App Review Board take a long time to resolve, time that we can better spend developing the app itself. We have therefore decided to drop the subscription model moving forward, and instead introduce a one-off purchasing fee for the system-wide keyboard, so that we at least eliminate one of the potential causes of App Store rejections and delays in the future.

We have not yet decided on the pricing, and in fact we'd love to hear some of your ideas on that. We are still hoping that we can find a price that is both reasonable for users, and also sustainable for us as a business. We also wanted to share this background information with you, and for you to be aware of the upcoming pricing changes.

Again, we welcome your thoughts in the matter, and we are thankful for all your support so far.


Join to automatically receive all group messages.