Re: Switching FlickType between portrait and landscape when "Lock rotation"is switched on

I used to keep the orientation locked because I would hold my iPhone while reading and I would accidentally shift from portrait to landscape mode, thus stopping the reading. I since found it easier to listen through a Bluetooth headset and leave the iPhone sitting on a table.

Also I find the control center much easier to get to than years ago, so if I need to lock the orientation, its not a big deal.😎

Just my thoughts,

Btw I typed this with my iPhone in landscape mode using my thumbs, which I find the fastest way of typing with flicktype.👍

Chuck (mobile)

On Oct 20, 2018, at 3:27 AM, Rob Whyte <fudge@...> wrote:

you can type with your thumbs then and it is very cool

Warm regards Rob Whyte JAWS certified 2018
On 20/10/18 20:46, Jean-Philippe Rykiel wrote:
I have never used landscape mode. Maybe I should try it, but I don't see this as a necessity.

Cheers,

JPR

http://jeanphilipperykiel.com
http://soundcloud.com/ryksounet
http://twitter.com/ryksounet
http://facebook.com/jeanphilipperykiel

Le 20/10/2018 à 05:55, Sieghard Weitzel a écrit :
I would love it, I hate to have my orientation unlocked so unlike Chuck I simply won't use Flicktype in landscape mode even if I'd maybe like to do so at times.
I know what is suggested can definitely be done because the Ring Video Doorbell app, for example, also switches to landscape mode when I enable Lifeview or if somebody rings the doorbell and I tap on the notification to answer the ring.