Switching FlickType between portrait and landscape when "Lock rotation"is switched on

Field, S. (Scott)

Hi Ashley and Kosta

Would it be possible to allow FlickType to go into landscape mode even if lock rotation is on?  I believe that the Overcast app overrides the IOS setting for rotating lock so it may be possible.  The reason is simply that with voiceover  reading a webpage, email or any lengthy piece of text, the reading stops if you inadvertently move the phone into landscape mode and then you have to set it to read again.  This is why I keep my phone’s lock rotation switched on.  I then need to switch it off when I want to type a long piece of text using FlickType and then remember to switch it  back on after typing, something I almost always forget to do.  I can imagine that this is not possible with a third-party keyboard, but thought it to be worth asking.

Thank you

signature_701642720

Scott Field

Senior Development Manager | Group Technology | Nedbank Ltd

1st Floor, Clocktower, Cape Town, South Africa

PO Box 1144, Johannesburg 2000, South Africa

T +27 (0)21 412 3174  F +27 (0)21 412 0000  C +27 (0)81 018 9199  @ Scottf@...

Website nedbank.co.za

THINK BEFORE YOU PRINT - At Nedbank we are committed to minimising our environmental impact and encourage the preservation of natural capital

Nedbank disclaimer and confidentiality notice:

This email may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of this email or all or some of the information contained therein, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in error. Unless specifically indicated, this email is neither an offer or a solicitation to buy or sell any securities, investment products or other financial product or service, nor is it an official confirmation of any transaction or an official statement of Nedbank. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Nedbank. Nedbank Ltd Reg No 1951/000009/06.

The following link displays the names of the Nedbank Board of Directors and Company Secretary. [http://www.nedbank.co.za/terms/DirectorsNedbank.htm]

If you do not want to click on a link, please type the relevant address in your browser