Topics

Update

Hi all,

About a week ago, we launched build 45 to the App Store. Thanks to all of you, this has proven to be a very successful build with no major bugs so far, so we've been able to focus entirely on the development of the new custom keyboard that can be used inside all apps. This is why you haven't received any new builds yet, and we expect to share with you the first build of the custom keyboard within a couple of weeks or so. We are so excited to hear what you all think, smile.

That said, we just started receiving very few reports in the last couple of days about some issues with the App Store build 45, and we'd like to better understand how common these might be, in order to decide if we'll prioritize working on a fix for them. Please let us know if you've experienced any of the following:

User 1 said: "I move my finger around where the keyboard should be, I hear the words Ready to Type, flick up with 2 fingers for menu. Flicking up with 2 fingers doesn't work and if I keep trying this the iPhone eventually becomes unresponsive."

User 2 said: "After typing two to three characters, VoiceOver stops announcing the next characters I want to type.  This especially happens when I search for a character on the top row of the keyboard. From the letter W to the letter P."

Also it would be great to know if there are any general voice feedback issues with iOS updates 11.3 and 11.3.1. This can help us distinguish if an issue is on our end or a general iOS issue.

Thank you,
Kosta

Afik Suffir

Hi. I have all the problems, for some reason

קבל את Outlook עבור iOS

On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 11:44 PM +0300, "FlickType" <@FlickType> wrote:

[...]

Pat Pound

I am not experiencing any of the problems stated.

On May 2, 2018, at 3:44 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

[...]

Lori McLerran

I’ve dealt with issue 2 a couple times but it’s intermitent. I wait a minute and it clears up. I’m on beta so that might affect it.

On May 2, 2018, at 1:44 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

[...]

Geovanni Bahena

Hello,

I did experience the second issue you pointed out in prior builds. However, build 45 has definitely fixed it for me. Not sure if you find this helpful or not. Look forward to the system wide keyboard beta coming up.

[...]

ROBERT FENTON

With respect to option one, you may recall our discussion on Twitter when I had the same problem on my iPad. I changed the active touch setting from its default position and everything worked fine. You may want to pass that along to the user.

Bob Fenton

email: robert.fenton@...
i-message: robert.fenton@...
BBM: 7487E51A

On May 2, 2018, at 2:44 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

[...]

Gerardo Corripio

Me neither and i?m on a 5s with iOS11.3.1

--
Gera
Enviado desde Thunderbird

Lizand Sammie

Hello! With regards to issue 1: I tried reproducing the problem, and I am not having any issues with accessing the menu. Sometimes an app can have a bad instalation, thus, making functionality challenging. Maybe if the user could uninstall FlickType and reinstall x, this might take care of the issue.

Regarding issue 2: The only problem I have had is when I flick left to delete a character or word, there is no voiceover feedback. nine times out of ten, this problem does not occur, which makes me think that this is a finger positioning issue on my end rather than a voiceover issue or a FlickType issue. I hope this helps, and this build has been excellent
Liz Ulrich and leader Dog hope
HTTP://WWW.FACEBOOK.COM/ELIZABETH.ULRICH.1

On May 2, 2018, at 4:44 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

[...]

Mahalla valentine

No issues for me,

[...]

Gina Grunden

Hello. I've not experienced any of these problems.

[...]

Harry Bell

I have neither problem on my iPhone 7 plus rubbing latest iOS. Mind you, I've recently turned off several accessibility settings such as larger text set to maximum, bold text and large cursor because I did have persistent problems with these on.
Harry

On 2 May 2018, at 21:44, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

[...]

Raúl Martínez

Hi there,

I'm not affected by any of the issues mentioned above. I want to thank you for this amazing job.

Rick Alfaro

Hi.

Same here, I did experience issue 2 in previous builds. In 45 however what I
get is a substantial delay in speaking the first matched word. This happens
after having already entered a few words with no delay. The delay seems to
persist after 3 or 4 words have been entered. iPhone 8plus running IOS
11.3.1.