Text disappearing

Ng Choon Hwee <ng.choonhwee@...>

Hi,

1 Open whatsapp and compose a message.

2 Type any text eg, this is a test.

3Move your finger around the right bottom edge of the screen until control centre is shown or heard.

4 move your finger around until you find flicktype again and release your finger. You should be put back on the typing screen.

At this point all the text you just typed would have disappeared.

5 press the home button to close Whatsapp.

6 Open Whatsapp again and navigate to the edit field.

The text that disappeared earlier on reappears. Seems like it also happens with Facebook’s “what’s on your mind” edit field.

I think a way should be found to prevent FlickType from activating the control centre.

My device:

iPhone 8 with iOS 12 public beta 5 and the latest version of FlickType beta.

Thanks.

Choon Hwee

Paula Page <fairyhugs@...>

I wonder if this is what’s happening to me, I think flick type is crashing, but maybe it’s the control centre that is coming up. I will do what you suggest when this happens again.

Paula

On 10 Aug 2018, at 10:05, Ng Choon Hwee <ng.choonhwee@...> wrote:

Hi,

1 Open whatsapp and compose a message.

2 Type any text eg, this is a test.

3Move your finger around the right bottom edge of the screen until control centre is shown or heard.

4 move your finger around until you find flicktype again and release your finger. You should be put back on the typing screen.

At this point all the text you just typed would have disappeared.

5 press the home button to close Whatsapp.

6 Open Whatsapp again and navigate to the edit field.

The text that disappeared earlier on reappears. Seems like it also happens with Facebook’s “what’s on your mind” edit field.

I think a way should be found to prevent FlickType from activating the control centre.

My device:

iPhone 8 with iOS 12 public beta 5 and the latest version of FlickType beta.

Thanks.

Choon Hwee

Hi Choon Hwee,

Thanks for reporting the issue, though we are not yet fully compatible with iOS 12 and cannot test FlickType on that version quite yet. Was this happening with iOS 11 as well? One thing I read in your instructions that I would recommend trying to avoid is dragging up from the very bottom of the screen. As for preventing the activation of the control center, I believe Kosta has tried this but was blocked as it was a control on the iOS or App level, but I'll check in with him to confirm.

Thanks!
Ashley

George Cham

Hi Ashley,
I've just tried composing a message in twitter. I was in the middle of typing the text , when FlickType disappeared and I lost the first half of my text.

Kind Regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26
Get Outlook for iOS

From: beta@flicktype.groups.io <beta@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of FlickType <hello@...>
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2018 1:13:24 AM
To: beta@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType-beta] Text disappearing

Hi Choon Hwee,

Thanks for reporting the issue, though we are not yet fully compatible with iOS 12 and cannot test FlickType on that version quite yet. Was this happening with iOS 11 as well? One thing I read in your instructions that I would recommend trying to avoid is dragging up from the very bottom of the screen. As for preventing the activation of the control center, I believe Kosta has tried this but was blocked as it was a control on the iOS or App level, but I'll check in with him to confirm.

Thanks!
Ashley

Hi George,

Thanks for reporting, and sorry this happened! Do you know which version you were running of FlickType when this happened? Which version of iOS you're running? Did the app crash completely, or just the keyboard crash and the app stayed open but the keyboard was dismissed? If possible it would be wonderful if you could obtain a crash report and email it to us, here are the instructions:

Sending Crash reports from your device if FlickType crashes: You can find those under iOS Settings, Privacy, Analytics, Analytics Data.

Thanks!
Ashley

George Cham

Hi Ashley,
Running build 151. Latest version of iOS. While typing, the app disappeared. What address would you like me to send the    crash report?

Kind regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Get Outlook for iOS

Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2018 4:48 am

Hi George,

Thanks for reporting, and sorry this happened! Do you know which version you were running of FlickType when this happened? Which version of iOS you're running? Did the app crash completely, or just the keyboard crash and the app stayed open but the keyboard was dismissed? If possible it would be wonderful if you could obtain a crash report and email it to us, here are the instructions:

Sending Crash reports from your device if FlickType crashes: You can find those under iOS Settings, Privacy, Analytics, Analytics Data.

Thanks!
Ashley

George Cham

Hi Ashley, the FlickType    is not in privacy analytics.  Using the TestFlight version

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2018 4:56 am
To: beta@flicktype.groups.io; beta@flicktype.groups.io

Hi Ashley,
Running build 151. Latest version of iOS. While typing, the app disappeared. What address would you like me to send the    crash report?

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2018 4:48 am

Hi George,

Thanks!
Ashley