Text disappearing

Ng Choon Hwee <ng.choonhwee@...>

Hi,

1 Open whatsapp and compose a message.

2 Type any text eg, this is a test.

3Move your finger around the right bottom edge of the screen until control centre is shown or heard.

4 move your finger around until you find flicktype again and release your finger. You should be put back on the typing screen.

At this point all the text you just typed would have disappeared.

5 press the home button to close Whatsapp.

6 Open Whatsapp again and navigate to the edit field.

The text that disappeared earlier on reappears. Seems like it also happens with Facebook’s “what’s on your mind” edit field.

I think a way should be found to prevent FlickType from activating the control centre.

My device:

iPhone 8 with iOS 12 public beta 5 and the latest version of FlickType beta.

Thanks.

Choon Hwee

Paula Page <fairyhugs@...>

I wonder if this is what’s happening to me, I think flick type is crashing, but maybe it’s the control centre that is coming up. I will do what you suggest when this happens again.

Paula

On 10 Aug 2018, at 10:05, Ng Choon Hwee <ng.choonhwee@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Choon Hwee,

Thanks for reporting the issue, though we are not yet fully compatible with iOS 12 and cannot test FlickType on that version quite yet. Was this happening with iOS 11 as well? One thing I read in your instructions that I would recommend trying to avoid is dragging up from the very bottom of the screen. As for preventing the activation of the control center, I believe Kosta has tried this but was blocked as it was a control on the iOS or App level, but I'll check in with him to confirm.

Thanks!
Ashley

George Cham

Hi Ashley,
I've just tried composing a message in twitter. I was in the middle of typing the text , when FlickType disappeared and I lost the first half of my text.

Kind Regards,

George Cham

Numbers 6:24-26
Get Outlook for iOS