New position of the send button on Apple Watch app

Ed Worrell <ed.worrell@...>

Hello All,

There is a new beta for the keyboard this morning. It seems that it’s mostly focusing on the Apple Watch app. Kosta said the send button is now at the top of the screen and it is no longer in the options menu. You use to get to the menu by force touching the screen and it would display a few options. I have found that if you still force touch on the screen you can then find the done button at the bottom of the screen and it will function just like it did before. I only mention this as I am having issues with adding unwanted punctuation to my text with the send button being at the top of the screen. I now just ignore the button and find the done button in the menu and it works as it used to.

Ed

Chuck Dean

Hello Ed,
I believe the reason Kosta has made this change is to have the Fliktype iPhone’s companion watch app to look exactly like the FlickType Notes app. I check them both out on my CCTV and they look identical.
I’m sure with a little bit of practice you’re not hit that send button.

Chuck  (mobile)

On Jan 13, 2020, at 8:20 AM, Ed Worrell via Groups.Io <ed.worrell@...> wrote:

Hello All,

There is a new beta for the keyboard this morning. It seems that it’s mostly focusing on the Apple Watch app. Kosta said the send button is now at the top of the screen and it is no longer in the options menu. You use to get to the menu by force touching the screen and it would display a few options. I have found that if you still force touch on the screen you can then find the done button at the bottom of the screen and it will function just like it did before. I only mention this as I am having issues with adding unwanted punctuation to my text with the send button being at the top of the screen. I now just ignore the button and find the done button in the menu and it works as it used to.

Ed

Ed Worrell <ed.worrell@...>

Hey Chuck,

I get it. I’m not surprised with the development in making the apps similar. In fact this is probably a good thing for the app as a hole. The blind community shouldn’t be the only group to benefit from this keyboard. It’s fantastic. I’m truly glad to see Kosta and Ashley working on it again.
I just wanted people to know that the done button has the same action as the previous send button in the options menu. Some people may not be able to target the send button. I just don’t like the placement of the button on the main score, I have composed several text messages from the watch app this morning and it works beautifully most of the time for me. I can see the benefit of the send button being at the top of the screen. I personally like the one extra step to get to the send button. I can see why Kosta did it as most people don’t know that you can force touch on the scree for different options. This is true for the entire operating system not just for the FlickType app.

Ed

On Jan 13, 2020, at 8:23 AM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Ed,
I believe the reason Kosta has made this change is to have the Fliktype iPhone’s companion watch app to look exactly like the FlickType Notes app. I check them both out on my CCTV and they look identical.
I’m sure with a little bit of practice you’re not hit that send button.

Chuck (mobile)

Our 1972 Honda 600 Coupe

Our 1961 Vespa 400

On Jan 13, 2020, at 8:20 AM, Ed Worrell via Groups.Io <ed.worrell=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hello All,

There is a new beta for the keyboard this morning. It seems that it’s mostly focusing on the Apple Watch app. Kosta said the send button is now at the top of the screen and it is no longer in the options menu. You use to get to the menu by force touching the screen and it would display a few options. I have found that if you still force touch on the screen you can then find the done button at the bottom of the screen and it will function just like it did before. I only mention this as I am having issues with adding unwanted punctuation to my text with the send button being at the top of the screen. I now just ignore the button and find the done button in the menu and it works as it used to.

Ed

JP Shandra <blindambition777@...>

I’m also having some issues with focusing on send button without adding punctuation or letters. I’ll continue to practice, but nice hard press still works.