Topics

New flicktype

Jay

Hello. ☺️
This is to the developers of FlickType... Provided this app is still under construction. Is there a new beta version of this app going to be released soon? The current beta build that was on TestFlight has expired, forcing most of us if not all beta testers to revert to the current app store version. I really hope a new version is going to be available soon. It would be a shame if this app wasn't being developed anymore. I'm sure that most of us can agree that this app has helped people over the years making it easy to type things like long messages and other stuff. Please developers of this amazing application, don't let this amazing app die. We need you.
Thanks.
Jay.

Daniel McGee

In complete agreement with Jay here. I simply couldn't use my IOS devices without this productivity of an application. This is why I am still on IOS 12. I'm not really a religious person but I hope and pray that this app doesn't become abandoned.

Kosta and Ashley, we all know that you are having family problems at the moment and we respect you for that. As they say, life happens. If your currently unable to continue development on the app at this time, would you be able to do one of two things?

1. Open source the code for anyone who wants to continue building upon the amazing work you have contributed back in bringing the application to life again.
2. Ask around if you know of any developers who would be willing to continue in your absent. Of course, you would naturally still be in control of the app as you were one of the original developers who founded the app.

What does anyone else think about my above suggestions? Or maybe, you have some of your own to put forward.

Just really want to see this app stay alive and not die. Ideas?🤔

Regards to all

Daniel

On 12 Nov 2019, at 19:07, Jay <jcoffin@samobile.net> wrote:

Hello. ☺️
This is to the developers of FlickType... Provided this app is still under construction. Is there a new beta version of this app going to be released soon? The current beta build that was on TestFlight has expired, forcing most of us if not all beta testers to revert to the current app store version. I really hope a new version is going to be available soon. It would be a shame if this app wasn't being developed anymore. I'm sure that most of us can agree that this app has helped people over the years making it easy to type things like long messages and other stuff. Please developers of this amazing application, don't let this amazing app die. We need you.
Thanks.
Jay.

Benny Barber

Daniel,
I agree. I too have not upgraded to iOS 13 because of the current issues. Also, I will not be able to use my iPhone as efficiently if FlickType is abandoned. I would like to encourage Kosta to continue the development of FlickType or choose one of your suggestions. FlickType is invaluable to me.
Benny

On Nov 12, 2019, at 2:48 PM, Daniel McGee <danielmcgee134@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Chuck Dean

Hello,
Fliktype is working perfectly and ios13.2. The problem  that broke Fliktype was an apple problem and not a Fliktype problem, so there was no reason for the ap to be changed. Apple fix their problem, which affected many third-party keyboards, and now all keyboards are working again.
I do not think it’s a good idea to bring in other people to work on Fliktype. Fliktype, as was fleksy, is the brainchild of Kosta, and we all know what happened to fleksy after other people got involved!

The App Store version of Fliktype is working well, and The beta version will continue to work, as long as you don’t remove it, or revert back to the App Store version. At this time there is no need for any update.

Kosta had some ideas to make improvements on FlickType which would have made it a little faster, probably more responsive, and have better prediction, but at this time he needed to put these things on the back burner while he took care of his family. He has priorities, and I understand them.
I think we all have to make choices, I have decided to continue using The App Store versionof  FlickType in both apps, and in the container app, which works absolutely perfectly!
If you’re not satisfied with the way Fliktype is working right now, you can revert back to the iOS keyboard, or use the new slide to type keyboard supplied by Apple, or use other keyboards.
At this time I think it would be better for all of us to leave Kosta alone let him take care of his family problems.

Chuck  (mobile)

On 12 Nov 2019, at 19:07, Jay <jcoffin@...> wrote:

Hello. ☺️
This is to the developers of FlickType... Provided this app is still under construction. Is there a new beta version of this app going to be released soon? The current beta build that was on TestFlight has expired, forcing most of us if not all beta testers to revert to the current app store version. I really hope a new version is going to be available soon. It would be a shame if this app wasn't being developed anymore. I'm sure that most of us can agree that this app has helped people over the years making it easy to type things like long messages and other stuff. Please developers of this amazing application, don't let this amazing app die. We need you.
Thanks.
Jay.

Benny Barber

Chuck,
I understand what you are saying, but if it is abandoned it will eventually die. That is what Daniel and I are concerned about. Plans are needed now to save it. Thanks.
Benny

On Nov 12, 2019, at 8:22 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

[...]

I'm with you. The Apps Store version of FlickType is working great in iOS 13.2.2. I hope the app is always available and welcome any improvements over time but I'm able to utilize it fully and effectively with its current functionality.

I'm not even going to pretend that I know what's best for someone running a business but I want Kosta and Ashley in charge of FlickType.

Alan Lemly

[...]

Hello again,
There has been no indication whatsoever that Fliktype is about to be a Bandan or ever will be abandoned!
The only problem Fliktype is had within the last year was an Apple problem.
Fliktype does not need to be updated at this time, and I have great confidence that if something goes wrong with Fliktype Kosta will be around to fix it.
He was working on Fliktype to try to improve it, but he has other priorities that he hast to take care of, but I’m sure that if Fliktype breaks, he will take care of it.

I think the more productive thing to do right now would be to contact Apple Accessibility, and tell them that you would like to see Fliktype as an Apple iOS keyboard. If Apple bought Fliktype from Kosta it would solve many problems. One Kosta would have enough money to be able to keep developing Fliktype and other things, too and Apple has a much larger staff to keep Fliktype running.
I have already contacted Apple Accessibility twice to let them know that I believe the Fliktype is the best keyboard for the visually impaired, and it would be in there, and our best interest for them to adopt it as an iOS keyboard.

accessibility@...

Chuck  (mobile)

On Nov 12, 2019, at 9:08 PM, Benny Barber <benny.barber55@...> wrote:

[...]

I appreciate your confidence in kosta and think what he has provided to the blind and visually impaired is great. I would like to hear from him his commitment to FlickType. His last post did not give me a warm fuzzy about the future of FlickType. I want to know for certain his intentions. Thanks.
Benny

On Nov 12, 2019, at 10:34 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

[...]

I’m curious,
How many other apps contact you and tell you about the progress and the future of their apps?
Fliktype is no longer in beta, and is in the App Store and is a working app.
I have never been contacted by any app at all ever in the history of the 10 years I’ve had an iPhone but any app for any reason.
I do not understand why everybody expects so much out of Kosta when he’s done so much.

Chuck  (mobile)

On Nov 12, 2019, at 9:57 PM, Benny Barber <benny.barber55@...> wrote:

[...]

Chuck, did you not perceive the lack of commitment from Kosta in his last post? I'm happy as long as flicktype works.

On Nov 12, 2019, at 11:11 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

[...]

What I perceive from Kosta‘s last post, was an extreme concern and dedication to his family!
And as far as I’m concerned if he hast to do what he hast to do and Fliktype Hass to be a Bandan so be it!

Chuck  (mobile)

On Nov 12, 2019, at 10:19 PM, Benny Barber <benny.barber55@...> wrote:

[...]

I'm not questioning his commitment to his family. That is not fair! I'm only questioning the future of flicktype. If kosta does not want to continue developing it, I would like to see it developed some other way. I'm finished. Thank you.
Benny

Jessica Dail

Hi
I like all those ideas.