Is iOS 14 working with FlickType?

Chuck Dean

Hello everyone,
I’ve been holding off updated to iOS 14 because I noticed some people were having problems with Fliktype and the new iOS.
Have these problems been corrected?
I also noticed on the V iPhone list that Seagirt W. was saying that because he had full access turned on in the accessibility/keyboard settings, he was having Focus issues, and I was wondering if this was a problem.
Is anybody having success with Fliktype and ios 14? If it sounds good I’ll go ahead and update.
Thanks.

Chuck  (mobile)

Michael Maslo

Hi chuck
In email it is poor at best. You cannot swipe back to delete words. Sometimes when you’re typing, instead of full words you will get one letter a space one letter space one letter space. Sometimes you can click on the flick type keyboard and you can try to type but the keyboard is not there or will you touch where the keyboard should be there no later is there. Another words the only way you can get the keyboard show up would be to restart the phone.

Right now on a scale of 1 to 10 I would give it a five for usability. That is if it even shows up to be able to use

Sincerely,

Michael maslo

On Oct 26, 2020, at 18:41, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello everyone,
I’ve been holding off updated to iOS 14 because I noticed some people were having problems with Fliktype and the new iOS.
Have these problems been corrected?
I also noticed on the V iPhone list that Seagirt W. was saying that because he had full access turned on in the accessibility/keyboard settings, he was having Focus issues, and I was wondering if this was a problem.
Is anybody having success with Fliktype and ios 14? If it sounds good I’ll go ahead and update.
Thanks.

Chuck  (mobile)

Hi Chuck,

I was getting pretty frustrated with FlickType and iOS 14.x but I'm having more success with the current beta and iOS 14.1 using the workaround posted about here. I use the full screen setting with FlickType and was finding many instances when texting or emailing that launching the FlickType keyboard would produce no input when tapping the keys. Now when this happens, I turn the rotor until I hear Direct touch and single finger swipe down once to turn it on. This usually corrects the problem and FlickType works as it did in iOS 13. Sometimes, Direct touch doesn't seem to be in the rotor so I do things like going to the App switcher and moving to another app and then returning to the FlickType keyboard to try the rotor again. I usually get to the Direct touch setting no later than the second try. This is more than a little inconvenient but it beats having to type with the regular on screen keyboard.

I hope that Kosta is working on this and gets iOS 14 FlickType functionality back to the same level it was before iOS 14.

Alan Lemly