Topics

Introducing the FlickType custom keyboard!

Smile. We are so excited to share with you today this very early version of the custom keyboard that can be used inside all apps. You will surely notice some differences from the main app, as well as quite a few big things that are still missing. That's because we are simply taking the wraps off the ongoing development process, which will now continue out in the open, with your participation. This is not yet a finished product by any means, so please take extra care to read all of information here first: https://flicktype.groups.io/g/beta/wiki/Custom-keyboard

And if you still have any questions at all, please reply to this thread. Thank you for testing FlickType, and we really look forward to your feedback to help us make this the best typing experience for you!

Warmly,
Kosta & Ashley

Gerardo Corripio

Can't get access to the info you refer to; it asks me for a log-in and/or password. Could you paste the info in the EMail? I'm very excited to try it out as well!.

Gera
Enviado desde mi iPhone SE de Telcel

El 11/05/2018, a la(s) 1:23 p. m., FlickType <@FlickType> escribió:

Smile. We are so excited to share with you today this very early version of the custom keyboard that can be used inside all apps. You will surely notice some differences from the main app, as well as quite a few big things that are still missing. That's because we are simply taking the wraps off the ongoing development process, which will now continue out in the open, with your participation. This is not yet a finished product by any means, so please take extra care to read all of information here first: https://flicktype.groups.io/g/beta/wiki/Custom-keyboard

And if you still have any questions at all, please reply to this thread. Thank you for testing FlickType, and we really look forward to your feedback to help us make this the best typing experience for you!

Warmly,
Kosta & Ashley

Vash Rein

So glad to see this up. However, it could be me. I can’t actually type anything when the keyboard is enabled. What am I missing?

Siavash Bahreini MA, LAC
(551) 888-6400

On May 11, 2018, at 2:23 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Smile. We are so excited to share with you today this very early version of the custom keyboard that can be used inside all apps. You will surely notice some differences from the main app, as well as quite a few big things that are still missing. That's because we are simply taking the wraps off the ongoing development process, which will now continue out in the open, with your participation. This is not yet a finished product by any means, so please take extra care to read all of information here first: https://flicktype.groups.io/g/beta/wiki/Custom-keyboard

And if you still have any questions at all, please reply to this thread. Thank you for testing FlickType, and we really look forward to your feedback to help us make this the best typing experience for you!

Warmly,
Kosta & Ashley

Francisco Salvador Crespo

Can't read the info and if I open the link it asks me log in credentials that I don't have.

Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 11 may 2018, a las 15:23, FlickType <@FlickType> escribió:

Smile. We are so excited to share with you today this very early version of the custom keyboard that can be used inside all apps. You will surely notice some differences from the main app, as well as quite a few big things that are still missing. That's because we are simply taking the wraps off the ongoing development process, which will now continue out in the open, with your participation. This is not yet a finished product by any means, so please take extra care to read all of information here first: https://flicktype.groups.io/g/beta/wiki/Custom-keyboard

And if you still have any questions at all, please reply to this thread. Thank you for testing FlickType, and we really look forward to your feedback to help us make this the best typing experience for you!

Warmly,
Kosta & Ashley

emilych64@...

Us this keyboard in my settings

On May 11, 2018, at 11:23 AM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Smile. We are so excited to share with you today this very early version of the custom keyboard that can be used inside all apps. You will surely notice some differences from the main app, as well as quite a few big things that are still missing. That's because we are simply taking the wraps off the ongoing development process, which will now continue out in the open, with your participation. This is not yet a finished product by any means, so please take extra care to read all of information here first: https://flicktype.groups.io/g/beta/wiki/Custom-keyboard

And if you still have any questions at all, please reply to this thread. Thank you for testing FlickType, and we really look forward to your feedback to help us make this the best typing experience for you!

Warmly,
Kosta & Ashley

Chuck Dean

Go to settings, then scroll down to FlickType and double tap.

Chuck

On May 11, 2018, at 11:29 AM, emilych64@... wrote:

[...]

Jane

Thanks for making this available! Be sure I will put this to good use! Even if I do have to switch keyboards to enter a new line.

On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 14:23 FlickType <hello@...> wrote:
Smile. We are so excited to share with you today this very early version of the custom keyboard that can be used inside all apps. You will surely notice some differences from the main app, as well as quite a few big things that are still missing. That's because we are simply taking the wraps off the ongoing development process, which will now continue out in the open, with your participation. This is not yet a finished product by any means, so please take extra care to read all of information here first: https://flicktype.groups.io/g/beta/wiki/Custom-keyboard

And if you still have any questions at all, please reply to this thread. Thank you for testing FlickType, and we really look forward to your feedback to help us make this the best typing experience for you!

Warmly,
Kosta & Ashley

Mahalla valentine

How do we use the keyboard for other apps?

[...]

Daniel McGee

Thank you for releasing this into the wild for testing! So far, it feels super exciting and promising for a first release for FlickType, across the whole iOS system! I look forward in providing my feedback throughout the beta process. Keep up the amazing work. Kosta and Ashley! You are doing a splendid job!!!

Daniel

On 11 May 2018, at 19:51, Jane <juanitatighan@...> wrote:

[...]

So I have been messing around with the beta keyboard. Its an excellent first step. There however is no feedback when placing finger on the keyboard. I recognise that tap and hold helps users to get out of the keyboard. But sometimes I might need to spell out a name or something that is not in the dictionary. Perhaps tap and hold can be replaced with tap and flick down or up? I'm impressed with the custom keyboard thus far. One more thing. There is no way to access the buttons such as send in messages or go when using this keyboard.

Siavash Bahreini MA, LAC
(551) 888-6400

On May 11, 2018, at 2:51 PM, Jane <juanitatighan@...> wrote:

[...]

Amanda Hall

HI, I can't view the information about the keyboard? when I go to the link, it says I'm not subscribed although I must be if I'n getting this email. and I'd like to be able to read the information I need before trying the system keyboard.

Amanda

On 11/05/2018 19:23, FlickType wrote:
Smile. We are so excited to share with you today this very early version of the custom keyboard that can be used inside all apps. You will surely notice some differences from the main app, as well as quite a few big things that are still missing. That's because we are simply taking the wraps off the ongoing development process, which will now continue out in the open, with your participation. This is not yet a finished product by any means, so please take extra care to read all of information here first: https://flicktype.groups.io/g/beta/wiki/Custom-keyboard

And if you still have any questions at all, please reply to this thread. Thank you for testing FlickType, and we really look forward to your feedback to help us make this the best typing experience for you!

Warmly,
Kosta & Ashley

Morgan Pimentel

Hi,

I really want to start testing the FlickType beta and I did receive the email with instructions for the TestFlight app, but I cannot find the redeem code that the app requires for me to start. If I could please get some assistance figuring this out I would really appreciate it.

Thank you :-)
Morgan

[...]

I can-t seem to type in Spanish> I-ve gone into Settings&FlickType and the language is set to Spanish like on the Flicktype main ap. I closed FlickType from the app Switcher, but no go. Any other ideas for being able to type in Spanish with the new 3rd party keyboar_ I-m really wanting it to give it a go in daily life, thus I-d be able to give real/life suggestions in this way.

El 11/05/2018, a la(s) 2:14 p. m., Mahalla valentine <mrvalentine2118@...> escribió:

[...]

ROBERT FENTON

This works very well. Thanks for this improvement which will help me work much more efficiently.

Bob Fenton

email: robert.fenton@...
i-message: robert.fenton@...
BBM: 7487E51A

On May 11, 2018, at 12:23 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Smile. We are so excited to share with you today this very early version of the custom keyboard that can be used inside all apps. You will surely notice some differences from the main app, as well as quite a few big things that are still missing. That's because we are simply taking the wraps off the ongoing development process, which will now continue out in the open, with your participation. This is not yet a finished product by any means, so please take extra care to read all of information here first: https://flicktype.groups.io/g/beta/wiki/Custom-keyboard

And if you still have any questions at all, please reply to this thread. Thank you for testing FlickType, and we really look forward to your feedback to help us make this the best typing experience for you!

Warmly,
Kosta & Ashley

Hi Morgan,

I just resent the TestFlight invite. Please click the first link in the email invite, and follow the 3-step instructions. The 3rd step in the instructions includes the 8 digit code.

Thanks,
Ashley

Hi Gerardo,

We are working on adding Spanish to the system-wide keyboard now, we'll push an update soon that includes Spanish.

Thanks!
Ashley

Hi Amanda,

Does it say you're not subscribed or not logged in? Sorry for the confusion. You have to subscribe, as well as be logged in. Below the sign in form and login button on the page, there is a link you can click that says "email me a link to log in." Once you're logged in, you can open the email we sent and will be able to access the instructions.

The reason we cannot send this information via email is that the information is changing by the hour and we want to be sure to keep it up to date in one place.

Thanks!
Ashley

Amanda Hall

Hi, it says I'm not subscribed. I did find the link to subscribe and tried sending an email to subscribe myself which opened in thunderbird which I use for emails. I then sent the email, but got nothing back saying I was subscribed.

On 11/05/2018 21:05, FlickType wrote:
Hi Amanda,

Does it say you're not subscribed or not logged in? Sorry for the confusion. You have to subscribe, as well as be logged in. Below the sign in form and login button on the page, there is a link you can click that says "email me a link to log in." Once you're logged in, you can open the email we sent and will be able to access the instructions.

The reason we cannot send this information via email is that the information is changing by the hour and we want to be sure to keep it up to date in one place.

Thanks!
Ashley

If you are having trouble logging in, please try this direct link: https://groups.io/sendloginlink

Amanda Hall

Hi, I just tried what you suggested. It shows I have an account there, but still claims I can't subscribe.