Half screen keyboard feedback

Tangela Mahaffey <tangela.m.m@...>

I am using the latest FlickType beta in conjunction with the latest iOS 12 public beta . In trying the new half screen layout , I have to say I love it. I have seen a few crashes as described, but most of the time it works great and it enables me to edit , send messages, and otherwise interact with apps very easily. This is an amazing update, and I appreciate all the work you've done in creating it .

Chuck Dean

Hello .
This is good news !

Many running the iOS beta were having problem's with the ½ screen keyboard
Chuck
On Aug 18, 2018, at .8:38 PM, Tangela Mahaffey <tangela.m.m@gmail.com> wrote:

I am using the latest FlickType beta in conjunction with the latest iOS 12 public beta . In trying the new half screen layout , I have to say I love it. I have seen a few crashes as described, but most of the time it works great and it enables me to edit , send messages, and otherwise interact with apps very easily. This is an amazing update, and I appreciate all the work you've done in creating it .

Daniel McGee

Hi
Am currently trying out the two half screen options . For me, I don't appear to be having much success as others have reported.

When typing text in emails, at times, I get the impression that VoiceOver loses focus because I am unable to review and edit the text with flicktype's standard gestures for moving the Cursor.

Its probably me either not doing it right, or not understanding how I should be interacting with the keyboard correctly.

Am aware though that this is a first beta so it's bound to have teasing problems. If I can further help in describing my issues, then please don't hesitate to message back because being a VoiceOver user, I would like to try and be as descriptive as possible in helping tracking down the bugs, should we be experiencing any.

Daniel

On .19 A 2018, at 04:48, Chuck Dean <cadean329@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello .
This is good news !

Many running the iOS beta were having problem's with the ½ screen keyboard
Chuck
On Aug 18, 2018, at .8:38 PM, Tangela Mahaffey <tangela.m.m@gmail.com> wrote:

I am using the latest FlickType beta in conjunction with the latest iOS 12 public beta . In trying the new half screen layout , I have to say I love it. I have seen a few crashes as described, but most of the time it works great and it enables me to edit , send messages, and otherwise interact with apps very easily. This is an amazing update, and I appreciate all the work you've done in creating it .

Chuck Dean

Hi

The gestures are not working as usual in this 1/2 screen keyboard experiment.
I am also having difficulties knowing where the cursor is located, especially when writing a reply to an email.
I tried to reply to this email three times, and finally decided to do it with dictation. 😎
This is the first incarnation of the half screen keyboard using voice over. I’m sure Kosta will be able to improve greatly in the next few days.

On Aug 18, 2018, at 9:50 PM, Daniel McGee <danielmcgee134@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Glad I'm not alone with this then. ☺️

The gestures are not working as usual in this 1/2 screen keyboard experiment.
I am also having difficulties knowing where the cursor is located, especially when writing a reply to an email.
I tried to reply to this email three times, and finally decided to do it with dictation. 😎
This is the first incarnation of the half screen keyboard using voice over. I’m sure Kosta will be able to improve greatly in the next few days.

> On Aug 18, 2018, at 9:50 PM, Daniel McGee <danielmcgee134@...> wrote:
>

> Hi
> Am currently trying out the two half screen options . For me, I don't appear to be having much success as others have reported.
>
> When typing text in emails, at times, I get the impression that VoiceOver loses focus because I am unable to review and edit the text with flicktype's standard gestures for moving the Cursor.
>
> Its probably me either not doing it right, or not understanding how I should be interacting with the keyboard correctly.
>
> Am aware though that this is a first beta so it's bound to have teasing problems. If I can further help in describing my issues, then please don't hesitate to message back because being a VoiceOver user, I would like to try and be as descriptive as possible in helping tracking down the bugs, should we be experiencing any.
>
> Daniel
>> On .19 A 2018, at 04:48, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:
>>
>> Hello .
>> This is good news !
>>
>>> Many running the iOS beta were having problem's with the ½ screen keyboard
>> Chuck
>>> On Aug 18, 2018, at .8:38 PM, Tangela Mahaffey <tangela.m.m@...> wrote:
>>>
>>> I am using the latest FlickType beta in conjunction with the latest iOS 12 public beta . In trying the new half screen layout , I have to say I love it. I have seen a few crashes as described, but most of the time it works great and it enables me to edit , send messages, and otherwise interact with apps very easily. This is an amazing update, and I appreciate all the work you've done in creating it .

Chuck Dean

This is the first incarnation, it is fairly buggy. Be patient, I’m sure Kosta will get it!