Topics

Build 45

Please report all your feedback by replying to this topic.

In this release:
- Fixed broken dictionary export and import flow.
- Renamed "Export dictionary" menu option to just "Dictionary", since you can also use it to read what is currently in your dictionary.

As always, thank you for testing FlickType!

Kosta & Ashley

ROBERT FENTON

Hello:

Are there plans to bring back the feature of allowing us to store changes to the dictionary in the cloud and import them over to other devices? This was a really handy feature that existed before and I would like to see it back. Thanks very much for your help.

Bob Fenton

email: robert.fenton@...
i-message: robert.fenton@...
BBM: 7487E51A

On Apr 23, 2018, at 9:44 AM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

In this release:
- Renamed "Export dictionary" menu option to just "Dictionary", since you can also use it to read what is currently in your dictionary.

Kosta & Ashley

Thank you Robert.

Absolutely agreed, seamless iCloud dictionary management is planned for a future release.

- Kosta

Ioana Gandrabur

Since the latest update I find $he app much more responsive and the tap and hold text entry never stopped responding either nice improvements.
The swipe town and hold gesture also works well.
Love the update!

On Apr 23, 2018, at 11:44 AM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

In this release:

Kosta & Ashley

Gerardo Corripio

Yes exactly about the new down+hold gesture on my 5s; works awesome!

El 23/04/2018 a las 03:24 p.m., Ioana Gandrabur escribió:

Since the latest update I find $he app much more responsive and the tap and hold text entry never stopped responding either nice improvements.
Love the update!

In this release:

Kosta & Ashley

--
Gera
Enviado desde Thunderbird

Ioana Gandrabur

I was wondering if you would consider adding a practice mode where each letter you touch is spoken out loud so you can get a better sense of the layout. I understand that it is already possible inn a way by using the tap and hold but waiting for the letter to speek is a bit time consuming and less fluid. Hope this makes sense.
Best,
Ioana

On Apr 23, 2018, at 4:27 PM, Gerardo Corripio <gera1027@...> wrote:

Love the update!

In this release:

Kosta & Ashley

--
Gera

Chuck Dean

The layout is the letters of a qwerty keyboard, without the control keys, such as caps lock, shift, space bar, etc.
The top row is :
Q w e r t y u i o p.
The second row is :
A s d f g h j k l.
And the bottom row is :numbers, which will take you to the number key pat, z x c v b n m, and the new line button, used to insert a new line.

Its pretty simple if you are familiar with the standard computer keyboard.

I hope this helps,

Chuck

On Apr 23, 2018, at 3:15 PM, Ioana Gandrabur <igandrabur@...> wrote:

I was wondering if you would consider adding a practice mode where each letter you touch is spoken out loud so you can get a better sense of the layout. I understand that it is already possible inn a way by using the tap and hold but waiting for the letter to speek is a bit time consuming and less fluid. Hope this makes sense.
Best,
Ioana

Love the update!

In this release:

Kosta & Ashley

--
Gera

Ioana Gandrabur

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. I was aware of the layout in fact there is a symbols row above the qwerty row.
I just meant that, since the keyboard is a little different from the standard keyboard that comes up in the edit fields, I would like to get the option of an instant feedback of every letter I type. Say I always hit the f instead of the r I would like to know so that, although the app does a marvelous job at predicting and correcting things, I could improve the accuracy of hitting the right letters right away to minimize the need for swiping through suggestions, especially for shorter words.
Hope this makes my point a little clearer.
Best regards,
Ioana

On Apr 23, 2018, at 6:39 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

The layout is the letters of a qwerty keyboard, without the control keys, such as caps lock, shift, space bar, etc.
The top row is :
Q w e r t y u i o p.
The second row is :
A s d f g h j k l.
And the bottom row is :numbers, which will take you to the number key pat, z x c v b n m, and the new line button, used to insert a new line.

Its pretty simple if you are familiar with the standard computer keyboard.

I hope this helps,

Chuck

On Apr 23, 2018, at 3:15 PM, Ioana Gandrabur <igandrabur@...> wrote:

Best,
Ioana

Love the update!

In this release:

Kosta & Ashley

--
Gera

Ioana has a great point, and this is something that we have found a lot of users could benefit from as they start to get the hang of it. We plan to add an entirely new onboarding part of the app like a guided tutorial soon.

Thank you for the feedback!
- Kosta

Paula Page

Hi, guild 45 is working quite well for me. I actually turned the clicks off, and quite like it! :)
Paula ,

23 Apr 2018, at 16:44, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

In this release:

Kosta & Ashley

Brandon Cross

The haptics have improved markedly in that they feel more instantaneous and free of latency as in previous builds.

Ioana Gandrabur

I cannot remember if I have already sent this feature request to the group so very sorry if I am repeating myself.
I think that somehow implementing a spell checker feature would be very useful. I find myself avoiding a word because, not being sure of spelling I could not get it to show up in the suggestion list.
A possible way I see this work is to write using precision spelling and use a different gesture to hear spelling suggestions for the way you have spelled the word.
Not sure how reusable realistic this addition to the app might be but I would surely find it very convenient.
Best,

Ioana ent from my iPhone

On Apr 24, 2018, at 2:59 AM, Brandon Cross <bcross3286@...> wrote:

The haptics have improved markedly in that they feel more instantaneous and free of latency as in previous builds.

Ioana Gandrabur

Hello,

I experienced the app freezing yesterday evening. I turned off the raise to speak function and, maybe coincidentally, the problem did not return.
Today I turned it back on and don't have anymore problems. A
So, as you can see, I am not sure if indeed this was related to the freezing of the app. If would work for a little while and then stop responding altogether. I would have to close the app out of the app switcher.
Incidentally, I noticed that, when the setting was off, I could not use the proximity sensor to hear the text.
Is this a normal consequence of the setting change?
Thanks and keep up the great work!

Ioana

On Apr 24, 2018, at 2:59 AM, Brandon Cross <bcross3286@...> wrote:

Confirming that build 45 has been released to the App Store, thank you everyone!

Ioana, that is correct, this is how that setting is supposed to work. Sometimes people accidentally trigger the feature and might want to turn it off.

- Kosta

Dennis Raher

After I enter a word and flick right if I flipped down for the suggestion list I have found that I’m always on the second word in the list, if I flipped up after that I find the first word. The instructions indicate I should flip down for alternatives but in doing so I seem to always miss the first suggestion, is this expected?

Chuck Dean

Hello, the first suggestion is given when you flick right. When you flick down you'll get the second suggestion, flick down again and you'll get the third suggestion, etc.
I hope this helps,

Chuck

On Apr 26, 2018, at 1:34 PM, Dennis Raher <djr1949@...> wrote:

After I enter a word and flick right if I flipped down for the suggestion list I have found that I’m always on the second word in the list, if I flipped up after that I find the first word. The instructions indicate I should flip down for alternatives but in doing so I seem to always miss the first suggestion, is this expected?

Dennis Raher

Chuck,
I don’t think that is what is happening. I type the word flick right and I hear what I typed not a suggestion out of the list, flicking up or down comes up with additional suggestions. Maybe I don’t understand how the suggestion list is working, but I would expect that flicking down once I’ve flicked right and heard the word I type would be the very first suggestion in the list, but it isn’t, looking up from there gives me one other suggestion above that one and it’s not what I typed. If I never flipped up I’d never hear that suggestion at all.

Dennis Raher
Dictated on my IPhone

On Apr 26, 2018, at 4:40 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello, the first suggestion is given when you flick right. When you flick down you'll get the second suggestion, flick down again and you'll get the third suggestion, etc.
I hope this helps,

Chuck

Chuck Dean

When you type a word and flick right, you'll hear the first prediction. If you flick up, I believe you will hear exactly what you typed, usually this sounds like gibberish. Of course, flicking down gives you additional predictions.
For example, if I type the word hello, when I flick right I get the word hello, but if I flick up I get h f k k u.
I hope this helps.

Chuck

On Apr 26, 2018, at 4:05 PM, Dennis Raher <djr1949@...> wrote:

Chuck,
I don’t think that is what is happening. I type the word flick right and I hear what I typed not a suggestion out of the list, flicking up or down comes up with additional suggestions. Maybe I don’t understand how the suggestion list is working, but I would expect that flicking down once I’ve flicked right and heard the word I type would be the very first suggestion in the list, but it isn’t, looking up from there gives me one other suggestion above that one and it’s not what I typed. If I never flipped up I’d never hear that suggestion at all.

Dennis Raher
Dictated on my IPhone

On Apr 26, 2018, at 4:40 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

I hope this helps,

Chuck

Rob

Hello all,

I am currently trying out Build 45 and I am very impressed. The speed you can achieve is incredible, sometimes it even surpasses a hardware keyboard. I can't wait for the system-wide keyboard.

Would it be possible to reduce the time between the announced word and its spelling after flicking right? I seldom need spelling, but if it ever happens, the current pause just interrupts the typing flow for me.

Cheers,
Rob

Dennis Raher

Chuck,
Yes that helps a lot, and is obvious when it is pointed out, thanks a lot.