Build 150

Please always restart your device after updating FlickType, and send all your feedback to beta@flicktype.groups.io. Thank you!

What's new:
- You can now use your existing iOS text replacement shortcuts with FlickType. Configure text replacements from iOS Settings, General, Keyboard, Text Replacement. If you tap-type the shortcut, it will automatically be expanded into its phrase. If you type it accurately by touch-typing each letter, you'll need to flick down to expand it. Replacement shortcuts can only contain letters, but expanded phrases can be anything, including numbers, symbols, spaces, and even emoji. Be creative, smile!

Please note: the replacements don't work inside the container app due to iOS limitations.

Thank you for supporting FlickType, and please tell your friends if you are enjoying it!

Warmly,
Kosta and Ashley

Jessica D

Hi,
flicktype rocks, & I created a shortcut to type the name of the app, & it worked!

Thanks,
Jessica

On Aug 7, 2018, at 2:39 PM, FlickType <hello@flicktype.com> wrote:

Please always restart your device after updating FlickType, and send all your feedback to beta@flicktype.groups.io. Thank you!

What's new:
- You can now use your existing iOS text replacement shortcuts with FlickType. Configure text replacements from iOS Settings, General, Keyboard, Text Replacement. If you tap-type the shortcut, it will automatically be expanded into its phrase. If you type it accurately by touch-typing each letter, you'll need to flick down to expand it. Replacement shortcuts can only contain letters, but expanded phrases can be anything, including numbers, symbols, spaces, and even emoji. Be creative, smile!

Please note: the replacements don't work inside the container app due to iOS limitations.

Thank you for supporting FlickType, and please tell your friends if you are enjoying it!

Warmly,
Kosta and Ashley

David Nason

Hi,

For the most part the text replacements are working well, thanks for adding the feature.
However, the ones I created to turn into emoji characters are not working.

One other problem I've been meaning to mention for a while, so not new in this build, is with adding words to the dictionary.
When I manually type a proper noun, starting with a capital letter, the word gets added to my dictionary in lower case.
I can understand this if it is the first word in a sentence, as there is no way for the system to know if it is a proper noun or not. But if it is in the middle of a sentence, I would expect the dictionary to respect the capital letter I put at the start of the word.

Thanks,
Dave

On 7 Aug 2018, at 19:39, FlickType <hello@flicktype.com> wrote:

What's new:

Warmly,
Kosta and Ashley

Thank you David. I just tested a shortcut with emoji and it worked as expected. Do you have a particular example you can share? And have you tried flicking down after typing the shortcut? On rare occasions where a regular word is very near the pattern of the shortcut you might get that regular word instead, and the expanded shortcut phrase would be the next suggestion.

On the capitalization issue for the dictionary, thanks for the report, this definitely is a bug we will fix it.

- Kosta

David Nason

Hi Kosta,

I've just tried it again and they're working now. Perhaps just a glitch that an additional restart fixed.

Great, hope the dictionary issue can be fixed.

Many thanks,
Dave ☺️

On 8 Aug 2018, at 19:48, FlickType <hello@flicktype.com> wrote:

Thank you David. I just tested a shortcut with emoji and it worked as expected. Do you have a particular example you can share? And have you tried flicking down after typing the shortcut? On rare occasions where a regular word is very near the pattern of the shortcut you might get that regular word instead, and the expanded shortcut phrase would be the next suggestion.

On the capitalization issue for the dictionary, thanks for the report, this definitely is a bug we will fix it.

- Kosta

David,

Just in case you weren't aware, the text replacement shortcuts don't work inside the container app. For some reason iOS does not let us do that.

- Kosta

David Nason

Oh yeah no worries Kosta. I literally never use the container app or FlickType classic.

Thanks,
Dave

On 9 Aug 2018, at 17:10, FlickType <hello@flicktype.com> wrote:

David,

Just in case you weren't aware, the text replacement shortcuts don't work inside the container app. For some reason iOS does not let us do that.

- Kosta