problem with flicktype and team talk

Paula Page <fairyhugs@...>

Ok, I’ll do that, and test it with TeamTalk. I’ll get back to you tomorrow. :)

Paula

On 14 Aug 2018, at 19:44, FlickType <hello@flicktype.com> wrote:

Hi Mohammad and Paula,

Super appreciate you both following up. Paula, thanks for bringing up listening to music while using FlickType, which you can do now if you change a setting in FlickType. If either of you has a chance, please go to the FlickType app, settings tab and scroll down to "effects playback mode" and make sure your setting is set to "unduckable," and then run TT and test whether this helps. This is the fix for listening to music while using FlickType, you just may have to restart the music once after running FlickType, as sometimes it does still stop playing music once but after restarting the music it works without issue.

Hope this helps!
Ashley

Hi Mohammad and Paula,

Super appreciate you both following up. Paula, thanks for bringing up listening to music while using FlickType, which you can do now if you change a setting in FlickType. If either of you has a chance, please go to the FlickType app, settings tab and scroll down to "effects playback mode" and make sure your setting is set to "unduckable," and then run TT and test whether this helps. This is the fix for listening to music while using FlickType, you just may have to restart the music once after running FlickType, as sometimes it does still stop playing music once but after restarting the music it works without issue.

Hope this helps!
Ashley

Paula Page <fairyhugs@...>

Hi, I would imagine that it’s the audio, because, correct me if I’m wrong, I don’t think you can listen to music and type with Flicktype either?

Paula

On 12 Aug 2018, at 16:01, FlickType <hello@flicktype.com> wrote:

Hi Mohammad, Paula,

We've had another report of an issue with TeamTalk as well. I'm not sure what the issue is, whether it's the fact that FlickType cannot use dictation due to Apple's limitations with 3rd party keyboards, or whether it's because TeamTalk and FlickType are using audio in the same way and therefore cancels out TeamTalk's audio. I tried to run a test but I wasn't able to get TeamTalk to work for me at all, even with the standard keyboard. If either of you have a hunch that it's one issue or the other, please do let us know as it may help us identify the problem.

Thanks!
Ashley

Mohammad Aloufi <moh8281@...>

Hi Ashley,
I am not sure about how helpful this info I'm about to give to be honest, but since the result is the same, I thought you might want to look at it when you get tt working, even if you didn't, may be it will reveal something about the bug.
So basically, tt is having the same problem with a lot of things, not just flick type, when I open a voice message, the team talk sounds all fade out, same with opening youtube videos.
But I didn't expect the same problem would be happening with flick type because of the fact that standard keyboard sounds doesn't cause the same problem when typing in other apps while having team talk opened in the background.
I am guessing in the end it comes out to how ios unfortunately handle's the audio.

On 12-Aug-18 6:01 PM, FlickType wrote:
[...]

It does the same for me using TeamTalk as well, kind of like when you use the dictate feature if you’re on TeamTalk.

Paula

On 12 Aug 2018, at 08:32, Mohammad Aloufi <moh8281@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,
So I have this problem between using flick type and team talk.
Team talk is an app where you connect to servers and talk to people etc.
So if I am using team talk, and want to write a whatsap message as an example, and this is what I was doing when I discovered the bug.
When I double tap on the compose message edit box, I usually flick left to make sure I am at the beginning of the document, The edit box is already empty I know, but it's just a habit I got used too lol.
Then the team talk sounds all fade out while I am typing.
I am thinking it is something wrong with flick type, but then again it could be something wrong with team talk, but it doesn't do that when I use the normal ios keyboards.
Regards.

Mohammad Aloufi <moh8281@...>