Re: I reverted back to the app store version

Ed Worrell

Chuck,

That’s what I was thinking too. I have been surviving with out FlickType for now. I have been having fun with the Apple Slide Type feature. It’s not near as good as FlickType but it’s doable. The predictive engine isn’t as good as FlickTypes, but it’s a close second in my book.

Ed

On Jul 22, 2019, at 1:33 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

It may be the iOS beta. I do not seen to be having any issues.

Chuck (mobile)

Our 1972 Honda 600 Coupe

Our 1961 Vespa 400

On Jul 22, 2019, at 12:13 PM, Ed Worrell via Groups.Io <ed.worrell=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hey Chuck,

I have tried it and I am having issues with punctuation announcements. It’s almost unusable for me right now. It also seems to be having issues with the flick down to change words. It doesn’t want to change the newly typed word it changes the word before the newly typed word. It’s a really strange bug. I am on the iOS 13 betas though. There could be some weird things going on in the beta too.

Ed

On Jul 22, 2019, at 12:51 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hi Ed,
Try the app store version of flicktype. It is working very well... Much like the flicktype of old.😎

Chuck (mobile)

Our 1972 Honda 600 Coupe

Our 1961 Vespa 400

On Jul 22, 2019, at 11:21 AM, Ed Worrell via Groups.Io <ed.worrell=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hey Chuck,

I have reverted back to using the stock keyboard. 😞 I wonder what’s taking so long with a new build. I know I saw on Twitter that there was a bit of recoding that was being done. Hopefully it’s a good upgrade when we get hands on with it.

Ed

On Jul 22, 2019, at 12:16 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello all,

I have reverted back to the app store version of FlickType. The beta version had too many little quirks to be comfortable with long typing sessions..
I was pleasantly surprised that my iPhone retained my dictionary.😎👍

I look forward to the next beta build.

Chuck (mobile)

Our 1972 Honda 600 Coupe

Our 1961 Vespa 400