Topics

Version 41 what is the haptic feedback?

Chuck Dean

Version 41 what is the haptic feedback?
Hello, I have haptic feedback turned on but I have never felt anything. What is it for?

Chuck

Hi Chuck,

What kind of device do you have? Haptic should only show in the settings for those that have haptic functionality on their device, and what happens when you use it is a small vibration when you tap the characters.

Warmly,
Ashley

Chuck Dean

Hi Ashley, I have an iPhone 8. I didn't notice any vibrations while tapping, I may have the haptic feedback turned down because I really don't care for it on either my phone or Apple watch.
Hmmm, their is an idea, FlickType on the Apple watch. :)

Chuck

On Apr 19, 2018, at 11:09 AM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Hi Chuck,

What kind of device do you have? Haptic should only show in the settings for those that have haptic functionality on their device, and what happens when you use it is a small vibration when you tap the characters.

Warmly,
Ashley

Hi Chuck,

You definitely have it on your device, I assume haptic is turned off in the
main settings app as it's a toggle setting. LOL about the watch comment,
maybe in the future if we clone Kosta (wink). I'm kidding, we have quite a
few items on our todo list for just two people at this point, but if we
mark off the important items we may consider the watch.

Cheers!
Ashley

http://flicktype.com
Invite your friends to beta@... today!
Follow us @FlickType <https://twitter.com/FlickType> for the latest updates!
Join the discussion: https://groups.io/g/flicktype

On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 11:18 AM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hi Ashley, I have an iPhone 8. I didn't notice any vibrations while
tapping, I may have the haptic feedback turned down because I really don't
care for it on either my phone or Apple watch.
Hmmm, their is an idea, FlickType on the Apple watch. :)

Chuck

On Apr 19, 2018, at 11:09 AM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Hi Chuck,

What kind of device do you have? Haptic should only show in the settings
for those that have haptic functionality on their device, and what happens
when you use it is a small vibration when you tap the characters.

Warmly,
Ashley

Chuck Dean

If you put Fliktype on the watch, my fingers are going to have to get a whole lot smaller!

Chuck

On Apr 19, 2018, at 11:40 AM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

[...]

Chuck, all jokes aside, my gut feeling is that FlickType on the watch would be quite possible and even fun to use. We have no such plans currently, but it might be worthwhile trying it out at some point.

On the haptic feedback, my opinion is that it literally adds a new dimension to the feedback you get from the device, enriching the interactive experience. Everyone's different, but I personally quite like it. If you'd like, you can temporarily turn on the system option under "Settings", "Sounds & Haptics" and give FlickType a go - we'd love to hear what you think!

Hi,
I tried the haptic feedback last night. You are right, it does give another dimension to typing. Personally, I like it better off. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I know the haptic feedback is eating up batteries. :)

Chuck