Topics

Version 41 I just noticed something.

Chuck Dean

Version 41 I just noticed something.
Hello, as I was sending an email with FlickType, I noticed that I used the two finger swipe up to go to menu, and then a two finger double tap to invoke the export text panel. It seemed like a very normal progression.
If we keep the double tap, I think we should keep the two finger swipe up.

Here I go again... Replying to my own email.
One other thing I would like to see is 3D touch used to go directly to the export text panel, eliminating the invoke menu step.
I realize that not everyone has 3D touch, but for those who do, it would be a nice option.

Chuck

On Apr 18, 2018, at 8:24 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Version 41 I just noticed something.
Hello, as I was sending an email with FlickType, I noticed that I used the two finger swipe up to go to menu, and then a two finger double tap to invoke the export text panel. It seemed like a very normal progression.
If we keep the double tap, I think we should keep the two finger swipe up.

I agree with the 3D touch for invoking the menu. I miss the tap and hold gesture at the top half of the scream.

Hi Ed,
Actually, I was thinking that the 3-D touch should be used to go directly to the export text panel. Bypassing the menu completely. Most of the time when I am using FlickType I am either sending a text message or eight email, and there’s no reason to bring up the menu, if I could go directly to the export text panel, I can completely take out one step.

Chuck

On Apr 18, 2018, at 8:36 PM, Ed Worrell <ed.worrell@...> wrote:

I agree with the 3D touch for invoking the menu. I miss the tap and hold gesture at the top half of the scream.

In a perfect world, it would give us the option to choose what we want to get 3D Touch to do. We could do either, or something else completely.

Chuck

On Apr 18, 2018, at 8:42 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hi Ed,
Actually, I was thinking that the 3-D touch should be used to go directly to the export text panel. Bypassing the menu completely. Most of the time when I am using FlickType I am either sending a text message or eight email, and there’s no reason to bring up the menu, if I could go directly to the export text panel, I can completely take out one step.

Chuck

On Apr 18, 2018, at 8:36 PM, Ed Worrell <ed.worrell@...> wrote:

I agree with the 3D touch for invoking the menu. I miss the tap and hold gesture at the top half of the scream.

That's a good idea. I don't know if it's possible. Maybe the gesture could be user assignable, 1. Export text option. 2. Copy text 3. Invoke the complete menu.

Just a few more thoughts.

Ed

On Apr 18, 2018, at 9:42 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hi Ed,
Actually, I was thinking that the 3-D touch should be used to go directly to the export text panel. Bypassing the menu completely. Most of the time when I am using FlickType I am either sending a text message or eight email, and there’s no reason to bring up the menu, if I could go directly to the export text panel, I can completely take out one step.

Chuck

On Apr 18, 2018, at 8:36 PM, Ed Worrell <ed.worrell@...> wrote:

I agree with the 3D touch for invoking the menu. I miss the tap and hold gesture at the top half of the scream.

Chuck,

Or you could turn on the copy and clear on exit setting and simply go to your message or email app to paste your FlickType input without having to go to the menu.

Alan Lemly

Actually, I was thinking that the 3-D touch should be used to go directly to the export text panel. Bypassing the menu completely. Most of the time when I am using FlickType I am either sending a text message or eight email, and there s no reason to bring up the menu, if I could go directly to the export text panel, I can completely take out one step.

Chuck

On Apr 18, 2018, at 8:36 PM, Ed Worrell <ed.worrell@...> wrote:

I agree with the 3D touch for invoking the menu. I miss the tap and hold gesture at the top half of the scream.

Hello Allen,
I have copied and clear turned on on my FlickType. I just like exploring directly to the messages and email apps, that way I don’t have to hunt around for the edit menu to find paste etc. etc.

Chuck

On Apr 18, 2018, at 9:17 PM, Alan Lemly <@walemly> wrote:

Chuck,

Or you could turn on the copy and clear on exit setting and simply go to your message or email app to paste your FlickType input without having to go to the menu.

Alan Lemly

Actually, I was thinking that the 3-D touch should be used to go directly to the export text panel. Bypassing the menu completely. Most of the time when I am using FlickType I am either sending a text message or eight email, and there s no reason to bring up the menu, if I could go directly to the export text panel, I can completely take out one step.

Chuck

On Apr 18, 2018, at 8:36 PM, Ed Worrell <ed.worrell@...> wrote:

I agree with the 3D touch for invoking the menu. I miss the tap and hold gesture at the top half of the scream.

Chuck,

I can certainly appreciate not wanting to hunt for the edit menu and just wanted to make sure you were aware of the option. I find that when I place focus in the text box receiving the pasted text, that single finger double tapping and holding brings up a pop-up menu containing paste which can eliminate the need to rotor to edit.

And I'm a firm believer in different strokes for different folks. I just want the folks to be aware of all the different strokes.

Alan Lemly

Actually, I was thinking that the 3-D touch should be used to go directly to the export text panel. Bypassing the menu completely. Most of the time when I am using FlickType I am either sending a text message or eight email, and there s no reason to bring up the menu, if I could go directly to the export text panel, I can completely take out one step.

Chuck

On Apr 18, 2018, at 8:36 PM, Ed Worrell <ed.worrell@...> wrote:

I agree with the 3D touch for invoking the menu. I miss the tap and hold gesture at the top half of the scream.

Hi Ellen, thanks, I appreciate the information. I use the copy and clear option by closing the app all the time when I’m entering stuff into my daily journal. But as far as emails and messages I like to go directly to the app just seems easier.
I’m hoping that someday they’ll be able to do with FlickType the same thing that fleksy did years ago. They had a contacts list that you could populate with your most used contacts, all you had to do was type whatever you want, go to contact list, select the contact whether it be an email or a phone number, it would put the text into the appropriate app and then all I had to do was hit send.

Chuck

On Apr 19, 2018, at 4:07 PM, Alan Lemly <@walemly> wrote:

[...]

Thanks for mentioning that previous Fleksy feature with the contacts. I know we're all aware of how we can do the same thing multiple ways with the iPhone so I'm very interested in learning as many alternatives and workarounds as possible.

Alan Lemly

On Apr 19, 2018, at 8:04 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

[...]

Although, the contact list would be a nice addition to FlickType, I think the app is very close to release, and is unlikely to add more features.
I believe once the app is released the team will devote 100% of its time to the system wide keyboard, which is the ultimate goal.
I'm looking forward to the future of typing.

Chuck