Topics

Version 3.1 with the yearly subscription is live

Hi all,

The new version that offers the yearly subscription option is now live on the App Store, and its build number is 174. This time we are doing a phased rollout, which means that most people won't automatically get the update for another few days, but if you know about it you can force a manual update from the App Store app. The reason we are doing this is because there are certain aspects of the purchasing flow that cannot be tested through TestFlight, and we want to make sure that at least nothing major is broken in that flow before we release it to everyone. Therefore we kindly ask that anyone who has been interested in the yearly subscription option, please download 3.1 from the App Store and subscribe to it. If you happen to already have a monthly subscription, it should seamlessly switch you to a yearly one, prorating the current monthly period. If you don't have a subscription at all, we would be doubly thankful for both testing the new purchasing flow as well as your additional support ☺️

Warmly,
Kosta

George Cham

Hi costa,
Tried downloading the new version from the appstore.
I searched for flicktype, and I got an open option.
Will wait a few days before trying again.

Kind regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26
Get Outlook for iOS

Sent: Sunday, September 23, 2018 8:48 am
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: [FlickType-alpha] Version 3.1 with the yearly subscription is live

Hi all,

The new version that offers the yearly subscription option is now live on the App Store, and its build number is 174. This time we are doing a phased rollout, which means that most people won't automatically get the update for another few days, but if you know about it you can force a manual update from the App Store app. The reason we are doing this is because there are certain aspects of the purchasing flow that cannot be tested through TestFlight, and we want to make sure that at least nothing major is broken in that flow before we release it to everyone. Therefore we kindly ask that anyone who has been interested in the yearly subscription option, please download 3.1 from the App Store and subscribe to it. If you happen to already have a monthly subscription, it should seamlessly switch you to a yearly one, prorating the current monthly period. If you don't have a subscription at all, we would be doubly thankful for both testing the new purchasing flow as well as your additional support ☺️

Warmly,
Kosta

Macster

Hi George. I did the same, searched for FlickType in the app store and it said open beside it for me too in the search results page, but if you double tap on flicktype and go into it then the update button for the yearly subscription version is there. 

Slainte, 

Macky 

On 23 Sep 2018, at 00:25, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

Hi costa,

Kind regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Get Outlook for iOS

Hi all,

Warmly,
Kosta

Chuck Dean

I was able to update, but I can not change to a yearly subscription in the FlickType app.
It says I am already subscribed. Thank you for your support.

I really do not want to do a yearly subscription, but thought I would see if it is working. Chuck

On Sep 22, 2018, at 4:37 PM, Macster via Groups.Io <alan.macdonald1@...> wrote:

Hi George. I did the same, searched for FlickType in the app store and it said open beside it for me too in the search results page, but if you double tap on flicktype and go into it then the update button for the yearly subscription version is there. 

Slainte, 

Macky 

Hi costa,

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

Hi all,

Warmly,
Kosta

Thank you Chuck. I think you might be using the "Restore" button at the top, rather than one of the two subscription options that are now separate buttons near the center of the screen.

Also, please be aware that I'm not sure what would happen if you do switch to the yearly subscription and then want to switch back to monthly again. New users will get the 7-day trial, but I think Apple might not give you a new trial simply for switching subscription periods. That said, I do expect that the dialog popping up before you confirm the switch would let you know about this.

Thanks,
Kosta

On Sat, Sep 22, 2018 at 4:56 PM Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:
I was able to update, but I can not change to a yearly subscription in the FlickType app.

I really do not want to do a yearly subscription, but thought I would see if it is working. Chuck

Slainte, 

Macky 

Hi costa,

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

Hi all,

Warmly,
Kosta

Chuck Dean

Hello kosta,
When I hit the upgrade tab, I only get a restore button. If I tap that button I get the message.
See the attached screen shot.

image1.png 

On Sep 22, 2018, at 5:17 PM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

Thank you Chuck. I think you might be using the "Restore" button at the top, rather than one of the two subscription options that are now separate buttons near the center of the screen.

Also, please be aware that I'm not sure what would happen if you do switch to the yearly subscription and then want to switch back to monthly again. New users will get the 7-day trial, but I think Apple might not give you a new trial simply for switching subscription periods. That said, I do expect that the dialog popping up before you confirm the switch would let you know about this.

Thanks,
Kosta

Slainte, 

Macky 

Hi costa,

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

Hi all,

Warmly,
Kosta

Chuck Dean

Here is the screenshot without the notice.

image1.png

On Sep 22, 2018, at 5:27 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello kosta,
When I hit the upgrade tab, I only get a restore button. If I tap that button I get the message.

image1.png 

Thanks,
Kosta

Slainte, 

Macky 

Hi costa,

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

Hi all,

Warmly,
Kosta

Thank you Chuck, there seems to be a big problem here. There should be two buttons and some more text below the label that says "Bring the full power and convenience ...", but in your screenshot there appears to be nothing below it.

Does anyone get the subscription options in the Upgrade screen? 

- Kosta

On Sat, Sep 22, 2018 at 5:30 PM Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:
Here is the screenshot without the notice.

On Sep 22, 2018, at 5:27 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello kosta,

Thanks,
Kosta

Slainte, 

Macky 

Hi costa,

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

Hi all,

Warmly,
Kosta

Thank you Chuck, this was an omission on my part and I have now reached out to Apple to see if they can expedite a solution to the problem.

Unfortunately the issue is only present if the build is downloaded from the App Store, but not if you download it from TestFlight.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks,
Kosta

Chuck Dean

Ok, BTW I am using an iPhone 8, running iOS 12.0

On Sep 22, 2018, at 6:12 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thank you Chuck, this was an omission on my part and I have now reached out to Apple to see if they can expedite a solution to the problem.

Unfortunately the issue is only present if the build is downloaded from the App Store, but not if you download it from TestFlight.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks,
Kosta

George Cham

Hi costa,
As I'm running the TestFlight build of flicktype,
Is there any reason why I can not download the appstore version?
It says open.

Kind Regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

Sent: Sunday, September 23, 2018 11:19 am
Subject: Re: [FlickType-alpha] Version 3.1 with the yearly subscription is live

> On Sep 22, 2018, at 6:12 PM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:
>
> Thank you Chuck, this was an omission on my part and I have now reached out to Apple to see if they can expedite a solution to the problem.
>
> Unfortunately the issue is only present if the build is downloaded from the App Store, but not if you download it from TestFlight.
>
> Will keep you posted.
>
> Thanks,
> Kosta
>
>
>

George Cham

Ok,
I removed flicktype TestFlight build and installed appstore version 174.
When I went to upgrade, it says that it was active, and there was no option to purchase the app.

Kind Regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

Sent: Sunday, September 23, 2018 11:27 am
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io; alpha@flicktype.groups.io

Hi costa,
As I'm running the TestFlight build of flicktype,
Is there any reason why I can not download the appstore version?
It says open.

Kind Regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

Sent: Sunday, September 23, 2018 11:19 am

> On Sep 22, 2018, at 6:12 PM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:
>
> Thank you Chuck, this was an omission on my part and I have now reached out to Apple to see if they can expedite a solution to the problem.
>
> Unfortunately the issue is only present if the build is downloaded from the App Store, but not if you download it from TestFlight.
>
> Will keep you posted.
>
> Thanks,
> Kosta
>
>
>

Thank you George.

Please note that if you delete a FlickType build you will probably lose your custom settings and dictionary, so we don't recommend people do that unless they are aware and ok with this.

Regarding the reason you could not download build 172 from the App Store: it appears that iOS 12 assumes that if a version number is the same, there's no need to have an "Update" button to re-download from the App Store or from TestFlight, even though there can be some differences in behavior as you have observed.

Hopefully Apple approves our fix for this soon - we expect it to be a couple of days or so. And really the fix is not an actual application update, but rather a configuration change on the App Store backend so you won't need to download a different build - it should just suddenly work.

We will keep you posted.

- Kosta

MariaRosa Chapman

HI.

Ok, so how do I stay on the beta team but download this app so I can subscribe and support you guys?

Maria

On 23 Sep 2018, at 8:48 am, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Hi all,

Warmly,
Kosta

Update on the lack of purchasing options for version 3.1:

It appears that the Apple system has finally been updated, and the two options for the monthly and yearly subscription are now appearing in the "Upgrade" screen of the app, at least for some people. We are currently trying to understand if it now works for everyone.

So regardless of whether you are planning to modify your subscription or not, it would be very helpful for us to confirm that if you download this version from the App Store and then go to the Upgrade screen, you get those two options. If you do not get any of the subscription options, please restart the FlickType app and try again. If that fails, please restart your device and try again. Please let us know your experience, whatever that was.

MariaRosa, thank you for wanting to support us, we really appreciate it. Simply follow the above steps to download the app from the App Store and choose your subscription option. You should still receive beta updates through TestFlight. Let us know if you're having any problems.

Thank you,
Kosta

Chuck Dean

Hello,
Yes, the options are now available on my iPhone.
I am using an iPhone 8, running iOS 12.0 

Chuck (mobile)
Pleez x cuze enny tie ping or spelin air ores.

On Sep 24, 2018, at 6:15 PM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

Update on the lack of purchasing options for version 3.1:

It appears that the Apple system has finally been updated, and the two options for the monthly and yearly subscription are now appearing in the "Upgrade" screen of the app, at least for some people. We are currently trying to understand if it now works for everyone.

So regardless of whether you are planning to modify your subscription or not, it would be very helpful for us to confirm that if you download this version from the App Store and then go to the Upgrade screen, you get those two options. If you do not get any of the subscription options, please restart the FlickType app and try again. If that fails, please restart your device and try again. Please let us know your experience, whatever that was.

MariaRosa, thank you for wanting to support us, we really appreciate it. Simply follow the above steps to download the app from the App Store and choose your subscription option. You should still receive beta updates through TestFlight. Let us know if you're having any problems.

Thank you,
Kosta

Thank you Chuck. Did you have to restart the app or your device?
- Kosta

Chuck Dean

No, I just opened the app.😎 

Chuck (mobile)

On Sep 24, 2018, at 6:24 PM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

- Kosta

George Cham

Hi costa,
I removed flicktype from I pad and downloaded it from the appstore.
I selected the one year option.
I conferme it with touch id.
I then received a confirmation email from apple.
Now, will the subscription carry across to I phone?
Should I remove the beta build  

Kind Regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2018 11:29 am

Chuck (mobile)

- Kosta

Chuck Dean

Hi George,
If both devices use the same apple ID, the subscription should be active on both.
You shouldn't have to change the iPhone app, but you could download the app from the app store, if you want.

Chuck (mobile)

On Sep 24, 2018, at 6:39 PM, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

Hi costa,
I removed flicktype from I pad and downloaded it from the appstore.
I selected the one year option.
I conferme it with touch id.
I then received a confirmation email from apple.
Now, will the subscription carry across to I phone?
Should I remove the beta build  

Kind Regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2018 11:29 am

Chuck (mobile)

- Kosta