Topics

Vanishing text

In the last half hour I have a had my text vanish four times!
I just restarted my phone, thinking that may be the problem. The last time I was typing in my journal, and as I was typing, the screen flashed, and all the text I had just typed disappeared.

The text that I had typed previously was still there.

I am dictating this, to make sure that it doesn’t vanished on me.

Hello Kosta, while typing this reply, my screen flashed and all that I had just typed, vanished.

What I think I've discovered, is that the repeating lines only happen when I dismiss the FlickType keyboard, and not when I go to the iOS keyboard.
This is preliminary, but I haven't had any text repeat as long as I go to the iOS keyboard.

I'll keep you posted if this turns out to be untrue.

Chuck

On May 27, 2018, at 2:34 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hi Kosta,

In the last half hour I have a had my text vanish four times!
I just restarted my phone, thinking that may be the problem. The last time I was typing in my journal, and as I was typing, the screen flashed, and all the text I had just typed disappeared.

The text that I had typed previously was still there.

I am dictating this, to make sure that it doesn’t vanished on me.

Hey Kosta and chuck,

I can confirm that finding. One of the last emails that I composed I too dismissed the keyboard and my text vanished. I also had to try again. In the second attempt I switched to the iOS keyboard. The text then populated the text field as it should have.

Ed

On May 27, 2018, at 4:04 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

[...]

Sharon Kim

That might be the case too, since I always switch back to the IOS
keyboard, and as I've said before, I've never had the text vanish on
me.

On 5/27/18, Ed Worrell <ed.worrell@...> wrote:
[...]

Has anyone experienced vanishing text since build 74?

Also what about duplicate text?

Not me... But I haven't been typing a lot.

Chuck

On May 29, 2018, at 7:15 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Has anyone experienced vanishing text since build 74?

Also what about duplicate text?

Salman Haider

I have not encountered either of those two issues. That said, I have only been using FlickType in messaging apps primarily.
I know that previously I had encountered those issues in the mail app. Since I haven't really used FlickType in the mail app ever since version seventy four, I can't say for sure if it still occurs. But so far, I haven't encountered them anywhere else, for what it's worth. Nor in this email.
Salman

On May 29, 2018, at 10:15 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Has anyone experienced vanishing text since build 74?

Also what about duplicate text?

I can honestly say that I haven't had text vanish in either the email or messages app either.

This is a very solid build.

Great job Kosta and Ashley.

On May 29, 2018, at 8:40 PM, Salman Haider <salmanhaider.purdue@...> wrote:

I have not encountered either of those two issues. That said, I have only been using FlickType in messaging apps primarily.
I know that previously I had encountered those issues in the mail app. Since I haven't really used FlickType in the mail app ever since version seventy four, I can't say for sure if it still occurs. But so far, I haven't encountered them anywhere else, for what it's worth. Nor in this email.
Salman

On May 29, 2018, at 10:15 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Has anyone experienced vanishing text since build 74?

Also what about duplicate text?

Thank you Ed.

Speaking of solid builds, we'll be pushing this to beta tomorrow am unless anyone reports any significant issues, smile!

As usual, we've updated the wiki page and would love your feedback in order to reduce the upcoming wave of inquiries as much as possible: https://flicktype.groups.io/g/beta/wiki/Custom-keyboard

If we missed anything, or anything could be phrased more clearly, please don't hesitate to send us your thoughts.

Thank you all,
Kosta & Ashley

David Nason

No me neither. So far so good😀