Hi chuck and all, the cost of the monthly subscription will depend on the country that the user is in. I have 2 subscriptions from apple. I cloud, and I tunes match . Both are yearly subscriptions. My I cloud is a legacy plan. When apple introduced I cloud, they were offering yearly plans. I'm happy with this, even tho the monthly storage plans are great value here in Australia, I don't like apple taking money out of my card or store credit.

From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of Chuck Dean <cadean329@...>
Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2018 5:50:07 AM
To: Alpha

Hello everyone,
 I have had subscription based apps in the past, none at the present time, so I am ok with the idea.
 Obviously, a subscription will generates more revenue than a one time purchase, so I understand why it is prefered by Kosta and Ashley. And I think they deserve the money. I do wonder if the $3 a month charge may scare off some people, remembering the visually impaired community has about an 80% unemployment rate.

Personally, I have no money worries, and I will subscribe to the App to support the App, if for no other reason. But being a huge fan of FlickType classic, I wonder if others may be satisfied with the classic App.

 Chuck

Sharon Kim

hello all,
yeah I'm not going to lie.
While I understand that you do generate more revenue doing it
subscription based, and now since I'm like relying on flicktype, I
might subscribe, but honestly, it would be better if there was a one
time payment.
I think, that more people are likely to buy it. As stated before,
there are a lot of blind and visually impaired people, who are short
on money, who do struggle from pay check to pay check, and may have to
save up a couple months to pay for the app.
I do understand, that you guys need the revenue. A lot of hard work
and dedication has gone to it.
That is completely understandable, but it is more likely you would
generate more revenue with one base price for the app. That is how
MBraille, and other keyboard apps do it.
Okay I'm done talking, thank you and have a lovely day.

________________________________
I have had subscription based apps in the past, none at the present time,
so I am ok with the idea.
Obviously, a subscription will generates more revenue than a one time
purchase, so I understand why it is prefered by Kosta and Ashley. And I
think they deserve the money. I do wonder if the $3 a month charge may scare
off some people, remembering the visually impaired community has about an
80% unemployment rate.

Personally, I have no money worries, and I will subscribe to the App to
support the App, if for no other reason. But being a huge fan of FlickType
classic, I wonder if others may be satisfied with the classic App.

Chuck

Salman Haider

I would prefer a one time charge as I stated in another email.
I understand a subscription based model, a monthly fee, may be the
preferred way to go for developers as it generates continuous income,
but I personally would not subscribe to it.
I would simply just stick to the free FlickType Classic app in that
case and just make do without the custom keyboard availability.

Salman

On 6/16/18, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello everyone,
I have had subscription based apps in the past, none at the present time,
so I am ok with the idea.
Obviously, a subscription will generates more revenue than a one time
purchase, so I understand why it is prefered by Kosta and Ashley. And I
think they deserve the money. I do wonder if the $3 a month charge may scare
off some people, remembering the visually impaired community has about an
80% unemployment rate.

Personally, I have no money worries, and I will subscribe to the App to
support the App, if for no other reason. But being a huge fan of FlickType
classic, I wonder if others may be satisfied with the classic App.

Chuck

Michael Maslo

My worry about a one time charge is how does the developer continue with upgrades and continued work. If we want a reliable and revolving enhancements, we have to be willing to support them. Either a monthly or yearly upgrade policy should be adopted. For those who do not want or cannot afford it, the flick type is available for those individuals. That is my personal opinion. I would support monthly subscription.