Topics

Normal behavior?


Chuck Dean
 

Hello Kosta,
When typing a reply I typed the words App Store. After I two finger tapped to capitalize the words, the screen where the words are displayed turned red.
I noticed that it did not do it when I typed the same words in this email.

I remember a few days ago, when I lost text, the screen also turned red when I capitalized letters.
No text loss yet.ūüėé
Chuck


 

Thanks Chuck. A few builds ago I made it so the screen would flash red whenever the keyboard gets a memory warning from iOS. I have since dropped the memory used by FlickType to well below the iOS threshold, so the fact that you are still getting those is very unexpected. In our analytics, I am currently only seeing 2 devices that are triggering memory warnings, among hundreds that are not. Have you restarted your device recently? There must be something quite unusual with your configuration or device, although I cannot say what.

Kosta


Chuck Dean
 

Hello,
Yes, I restarted my iPhone after updating to build 100.
I am dictating this because when I was trying to write this reply, I capitalize the be in the word build, and then use the magic tap to go to numbers to type in 100. When I came back to send, my text was missing.
Chuck

On Jun 21, 2018, at 5:10 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thanks Chuck. A few builds ago I made it so the screen would flash red whenever the keyboard gets a memory warning from iOS. I have since dropped the memory used by FlickType to well below the iOS threshold, so the fact that you are still getting those is very unexpected. In our analytics, I am currently only seeing 2 devices that are triggering memory warnings, among hundreds that are not. Have you restarted your device recently? There must be something quite unusual with your configuration or device, although I cannot say what.

Kosta




Chuck Dean
 

By the way,
I should mention that I have been typing quite a bit this afternoon since updating to build 100. I think I have answered about six or seven emails. I’m not sure if that could be the reason why I am getting to the upper limit of the memory.
Chuck

On Jun 21, 2018, at 5:16 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello,
Yes, I restarted my iPhone after updating to build 100.
I am dictating this because when I was trying to write this reply, I capitalize the be in the word build, and then use the magic tap to go to numbers to type in 100. When I came back to send, my text was missing.
Chuck

On Jun 21, 2018, at 5:10 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thanks Chuck. A few builds ago I made it so the screen would flash red whenever the keyboard gets a memory warning from iOS. I have since dropped the memory used by FlickType to well below the iOS threshold, so the fact that you are still getting those is very unexpected. In our analytics, I am currently only seeing 2 devices that are triggering memory warnings, among hundreds that are not. Have you restarted your device recently? There must be something quite unusual with your configuration or device, although I cannot say what.

Kosta





 

Thanks. What do you mean exactly when you say "When I came back"?


On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 5:16 PM Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:
Hello,
Yes, I restarted my iPhone after updating to build 100.
I am dictating this because when I was trying to write this reply, I capitalize the be in the word build, and then use the magic tap to go to numbers to type in 100. When I came back to send, my text was missing.
Chuck

> On Jun 21, 2018, at 5:10 PM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:
>
> Thanks Chuck. A few builds ago I made it so the screen would flash red whenever the keyboard gets a memory warning from iOS. I have since dropped the memory used by FlickType to well below the iOS threshold, so the fact that you are still getting those is very unexpected. In our analytics, I am currently only seeing 2 devices that are triggering memory warnings, among hundreds that are not. Have you restarted your device recently? There must be something quite unusual with your configuration or device, although I cannot say what.
>
> Kosta
>
>
>
>




Chuck Dean
 


Sorry, poor choice of words. What I should have said, is when I dismissed the keyboard to send the email... 
 Chuck 

On Jun 21, 2018, at 5:18 PM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

Thanks. What do you mean exactly when you say "When I came back"?

On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 5:16 PM Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:
Hello,
Yes, I restarted my iPhone after updating to build 100.
I am dictating this because when I was trying to write this reply, I capitalize the be in the word build, and then use the magic tap to go to numbers to type in 100. When I came back to send, my text was missing.
Chuck

> On Jun 21, 2018, at 5:10 PM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:
>
> Thanks Chuck. A few builds ago I made it so the screen would flash red whenever the keyboard gets a memory warning from iOS. I have since dropped the memory used by FlickType to well below the iOS threshold, so the fact that you are still getting those is very unexpected. In our analytics, I am currently only seeing 2 devices that are triggering memory warnings, among hundreds that are not. Have you restarted your device recently? There must be something quite unusual with your configuration or device, although I cannot say what.
>
> Kosta
>
>
>
>




 

Got it, thanks. Where you in the message body field of the default Mail.app? And when you dismissed the keyboard, did VoiceOver say, "Message body. Textfield"? Did you know anything might be wrong before you decided to dismiss the keyboard?

Kosta



On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 5:21 PM Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Sorry, poor choice of words. What I should have said, is when I dismissed the keyboard to send the email... 
 Chuck 

On Jun 21, 2018, at 5:18 PM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

Thanks. What do you mean exactly when you say "When I came back"?

On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 5:16 PM Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:
Hello,
Yes, I restarted my iPhone after updating to build 100.
I am dictating this because when I was trying to write this reply, I capitalize the be in the word build, and then use the magic tap to go to numbers to type in 100. When I came back to send, my text was missing.
Chuck

> On Jun 21, 2018, at 5:10 PM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:
>
> Thanks Chuck. A few builds ago I made it so the screen would flash red whenever the keyboard gets a memory warning from iOS. I have since dropped the memory used by FlickType to well below the iOS threshold, so the fact that you are still getting those is very unexpected. In our analytics, I am currently only seeing 2 devices that are triggering memory warnings, among hundreds that are not. Have you restarted your device recently? There must be something quite unusual with your configuration or device, although I cannot say what.
>
> Kosta
>
>
>
>




Chuck Dean
 


Hi Kosta, 
 I do not remember hearing anything except it read the only remaining text which was, chuck. 
 
 No, I didn't suspect that anything was wrong. 
 Chuck 

On Jun 21, 2018, at 5:33 PM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

Got it, thanks. Where you in the message body field of the default Mail.app? And when you dismissed the keyboard, did VoiceOver say, "Message body. Textfield"? Did you know anything might be wrong before you decided to dismiss the keyboard?

Kosta



On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 5:21 PM Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Sorry, poor choice of words. What I should have said, is when I dismissed the keyboard to send the email... 
 Chuck 

On Jun 21, 2018, at 5:18 PM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

Thanks. What do you mean exactly when you say "When I came back"?

On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 5:16 PM Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:
Hello,
Yes, I restarted my iPhone after updating to build 100.
I am dictating this because when I was trying to write this reply, I capitalize the be in the word build, and then use the magic tap to go to numbers to type in 100. When I came back to send, my text was missing.
Chuck

> On Jun 21, 2018, at 5:10 PM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:
>
> Thanks Chuck. A few builds ago I made it so the screen would flash red whenever the keyboard gets a memory warning from iOS. I have since dropped the memory used by FlickType to well below the iOS threshold, so the fact that you are still getting those is very unexpected. In our analytics, I am currently only seeing 2 devices that are triggering memory warnings, among hundreds that are not. Have you restarted your device recently? There must be something quite unusual with your configuration or device, although I cannot say what.
>
> Kosta
>
>
>
>




 

Thanks Chuck. How did you dismiss the keyboard? Gesture or button?
Kosta


Chuck Dean
 

Gesture. As I am typing this I got a red screen!.
Chuck

On Jun 21, 2018, at 6:58 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thanks Chuck. How did you dismiss the keyboard? Gesture or button?
Kosta