Topics

Moving the cursor.

Chuck Dean

I tried moving the cursor back and fourth, it works very well. I even entered a missing word. So this time I can not enter a new line, numbers, or symbols, correct? Using the two finger swipe gesture move the cursor eliminates the gestures for the symbol and number keyboard, which I used a lot. I'd like to see them come back.

by the way, the typing is very quick and responsive... Better than I thought it would be. I notice I use a lot more of the screen when I can't see the keyboard. No big deal, it is still typing accurately.

Chuck

On Apr 26, 2018, at 11:39 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

I tried moving the cursor back and fourth, it works very well. I even entered a missing word. So this time I can not enter a new line, numbers, or symbols, correct? Using the two finger swipe gesture move the cursor eliminates the gestures for the symbol and number keyboard, which I used a lot. I'd like to see them come back.

this first version is very impressive, even with its limitations. I have typed the last few emails using the system wife keyboard. Keep up the good work.

Chuck

On Apr 26, 2018, at 11:44 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

by the way, the typing is very quick and responsive... Better than I thought it would be. I notice I use a lot more of the screen when I can't see the keyboard. No big deal, it is still typing accurately.

Chuck

On Apr 26, 2018, at 11:39 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

I tried moving the cursor back and fourth, it works very well. I even entered a missing word. So this time I can not enter a new line, numbers, or symbols, correct? Using the two finger swipe gesture move the cursor eliminates the gestures for the symbol and number keyboard, which I used a lot. I'd like to see them come back.

Chuck

Thank you Chuck.

You are correct that you cannot type symbols or numbers right now, or enter a new line. These functions will definitely be added soon, once we nail down the fundamentals of typing first.

I am planning to at least make the keyboard area a different color in the next release, so that folks with some limited vision can use it as a cue to improve their accuracy. But it’s nice to know that even with nothing on the screen you can still type quite confidently. Displaying the actual letters of the keyboard on the screen is currently a lower priority.

Ok, sounds good. A contrasting color indicating where the keyboardis located, would be a big help. Also if the home key row, A through L could be a highlighted color, that would also help, me at least, locate the proper area to type. As far as the actual letters on the keys... That would only be helpful to me if each key were 5 inches square. :)

Chuck

On Apr 27, 2018, at 12:15 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thank you Chuck.

You are correct that you cannot type symbols or numbers right now, or enter a new line. These functions will definitely be added soon, once we nail down the fundamentals of typing first.

I am planning to at least make the keyboard area a different color in the next release, so that folks with some limited vision can use it as a cue to improve their accuracy. But it’s nice to know that even with nothing on the screen you can still type quite confidently. Displaying the actual letters of the keyboard on the screen is currently a lower priority.

Kosta