Topics

Memory warning!

Chuck Dean

Memory warning!
Hi Kosta, I tried typing an email from scratch, you can see the email titled an observation. After typing that amount of text, I had to reboot my iPhone because the Memory Warning! Would pop up about every third word.
I have done 5 reboot's today!

Chuck

George Cham

I'm wondering if the large text in this new build, is draining the memory in ios? In build50 this problem did not happen. If that's the case, then I would recommend going back to the previous layout.

Kind Regards,

George Cham

Sent: Thursday, May 3, 2018 10:22:44 AM
To: Alpha
Subject: [FlickType-alpha] Memory warning!

Memory warning!
Hi Kosta, I tried typing an email from scratch, you can see the email titled an observation. After typing that amount of text, I had to reboot my iPhone because the Memory Warning! Would pop up about every third word.

Chuck

Chuck Dean

Lol that’s funny George, you really hate these letters don’t you?

Chuck

On May 2, 2018, at 6:57 PM, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

I'm wondering if the large text in this new build, is draining the memory in ios? In build50 this problem did not happen. If that's the case, then I would recommend going back to the previous layout.

Kind Regards,

George Cham

Memory warning!

Chuck

George Cham

Don’t hate them. Just wondering whether it’s draining the memory in iOS and therefore the bigger the display the more memory it uses.

Kind regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26
Get Outlook<https://aka.ms/qtex0l> for iOS
Sent: Thursday, May 3, 2018 12:25:42 PM
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType-alpha] Memory warning!

Chuck

Kind Regards,

George Cham

Memory warning!

Chuck

Chuck Dean

actually, I found myself using those big words when I was writing an email and needed to learn whether I typed wife or wide.

Chuck

On May 2, 2018, at 7:31 PM, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

Don’t hate them. Just wondering whether it’s draining the memory in iOS and therefore the bigger the display the more memory it uses.

Kind regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26
Get Outlook<https://aka.ms/qtex0l> for iOS
Sent: Thursday, May 3, 2018 12:25:42 PM
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType-alpha] Memory warning!

Chuck

Kind Regards,

George Cham

Memory warning!

Chuck

Thanks for reporting, Chuck! The memory warning is due to all the text typed in one session and not the large font of the current word. Each time there is an active session the memory has to stay within the limit set by Apple, so each time we type a large amount of text in one session the active memory is getting strained. Kosta has some ideas to fix this, but we'd like to keep hearing about when this happens and in what context just as your reported, Chuck.

Cheers!
Ashley