From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of Chuck Dean <cadean329@...>
Sent: Thursday, May 3, 2018 10:22:44 AM
To: Alpha
Subject: [FlickType-alpha] Memory warning!

Memory warning!
Hi Kosta, I tried typing an email from scratch, you can see the email titled an observation. After typing that amount of text, I had to reboot my iPhone because the Memory Warning! Would pop up about every third word.
I have done 5 reboot's today!

Lol that’s funny George, you really hate these letters don’t you?

Chuck

On May 2, 2018, at 6:57 PM, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

I'm wondering if the large text in this new build, is draining the memory in ios? In build50 this problem did not happen. If that's the case, then I would recommend going back to the previous layout.

________________________________
Hi Kosta, I tried typing an email from scratch, you can see the email titled an observation. After typing that amount of text, I had to reboot my iPhone because the Memory Warning! Would pop up about every third word.
I have done 5 reboot's today!

Don’t hate them. Just wondering whether it’s draining the memory in iOS and therefore the bigger the display the more memory it uses.

Hi Kosta, I tried typing an email from scratch, you can see the email titled an observation. After typing that amount of text, I had to reboot my iPhone because the Memory Warning! Would pop up about every third word.
I have done 5 reboot's today!

Chuck

Thanks for reporting, Chuck! The memory warning is due to all the text typed in one session and not the large font of the current word. Each time there is an active session the memory has to stay within the limit set by Apple, so each time we type a large amount of text in one session the active memory is getting strained. Kosta has some ideas to fix this, but we'd like to keep hearing about when this happens and in what context just as your reported, Chuck.

Cheers!
Ashley