Topics

Learning more about you #poll

As we’re preparing to move on to the next steps with FlickType we’d like to learn a little more about you to better help us build the best product possible. What level of sight do you have?

Thank you for voting.

Hi Alpha Group,

Would you please send us your wish list for what you'd like for us to work on next? We're going to be sending the poll as well as asking what the larger group would like for us to work on next and we'd appreciate your suggestions before sending it out.

Thanks!
Ashley

George Cham

Hi Ashley and Coster,
I would like to see unlimited emojis, A half screen keyboard, and the ability to switch between half screen and  fullscreen. Also I would like the option of having the     numbers row   Always showing  at the top of the keyboard. instead of Magic capping in order to switch between numbers and letters

Kind Regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26
Get Outlook for iOS

From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of FlickType <hello@...>
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2018 6:11:13 AM
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType-alpha] Learning more about you

Hi Alpha Group,

Would you please send us your wish list for what you'd like for us to work on next? We're going to be sending the poll as well as asking what the larger group would like for us to work on next and we'd appreciate your suggestions before sending it out.

Thanks!
Ashley

Paul Sutton

Hey,
I know it's been talked about before but I would still like the sounds to be played on touch down rather than touch up..
Regards, paul

On 23 Jul 2018, at 21:11, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Hi Alpha Group,

Thanks!
Ashley

Michael Maslo

Hello kosta and Ashley, 

I personally would like a half screen keyboard. Maybe 15 emogies. The rest is perfect in my eyes. 

On Jul 23, 2018, at 15:33, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

Hi Ashley and Coster,
I would like to see unlimited emojis, A half screen keyboard, and the ability to switch between half screen and  fullscreen. Also I would like the option of having the     numbers row   Always showing  at the top of the keyboard. instead of Magic capping in order to switch between numbers and letters

Kind Regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26
Get Outlook for iOS

From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of FlickType <hello@...>
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2018 6:11:13 AM

Hi Alpha Group,

Thanks!
Ashley

Chuck Dean

Hi Kosta.
My wish list in order of importance is:

Text replacements via shortcuts.
Half screen keyboard to interact with different text fields.
The ability to customize the symbols keyboard.
A cursor position announcement when returning to FlickType after dismissing the keyboard.
The ability to customize the colors and look of the keyboard.
I would also like to see the predictive engine prioritize the suggestions by past use. ( I don't know if this is even possible )
The predictive engine to

On Jul 23, 2018, at 1:11 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Hi Alpha Group,

Thanks!
Ashley

Chuck Dean

On Jul 23, 2018, at 2:02 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hi Kosta.

A cursor position announcement when returning to FlickType after dismissing the keyboard.
I would also like to see the predictive engine prioritize the suggestions by past use. ( I don't know if this is even possible )
The predictive engine to

Hi Alpha Group,

Thanks!
Ashley

Chuck Dean

Hello again, I accidentally sent that last email prematurely.
I would also like to see the predictive engine to recognize context.

BTW I was playing with the reduced height option when I accidentally sent those last two emails. I was hoping I could send an email without changing or dismissing the keyboard, but no text was entered.
Would it be possible to have the text entered once a period is inserted? If that was possible, with the reduced height option, I wouldn't need a half screen keyboard.

Hi Kosta.

The predictive engine to

Hi Alpha Group,

Thanks!
Ashley

Matthew Janusauskas

- Word completion
- Half screen keyboard
- iCloud sync for dictionary and settings

Matthew

On Jul 23, 2018, at 4:18 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

BTW I was playing with the reduced height option when I accidentally sent those last two emails. I was hoping I could send an email without changing or dismissing the keyboard, but no text was entered.
Would it be possible to have the text entered once a period is inserted? If that was possible, with the reduced height option, I wouldn't need a half screen keyboard.

Hi Kosta.

The predictive engine to

Hi Alpha Group,

Thanks!
Ashley

Ed Worrell

Hello Ashley and Kosta,

I would love to see the return of the half screen or standard sized keyboard. I would like to see dictionary words show up in the suggestions list closer to the top or even as the preferred options. I have a couple of low vision friends and clients that would love to see high contrasts modes. For me the standard sized keyboard would be at the top of my list..
Thanks,.
Ed Worrell

On Jul 23, 2018, at 3:02 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hi Kosta.

The predictive engine to

Hi Alpha Group,

Thanks!
Ashley

Chuck Dean

Another thought, if the flick down and hold gesture could have an option to enter text without dismissing the keyboard, then I could send text messages and emails with the ability to interact with the text fields and the rotor.
Actually, this is exciting, all the features of a half screen keyboard without the potential of accidentally changing cursor position. I realize this is what you were going for with the first half screen attempt, but I think this may be a more elegant solution, at least for me... If it is even possible. 😎
Chuck

On Jul 23, 2018, at 2:18 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hi Kosta.

The predictive engine to

Hi Alpha Group,

Thanks!
Ashley

Ed Worrell

Hey chuck and all,

I would like to see the standard keyboard implemented again. I like the thought process. Maybe we could see the two finger flick up send text to the text field... I don't know if this is even possible but you could have the two finger flick down copy and remove text from the active text field so that full text can be edited in flicktype with the current FlickType editing commands..

Just my thoughts...

Ed Worrell

On Jul 23, 2018, at 3:42 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Another thought, if the flick down and hold gesture could have an option to enter text without dismissing the keyboard, then I could send text messages and emails with the ability to interact with the text fields and the rotor.
Actually, this is exciting, all the features of a half screen keyboard without the potential of accidentally changing cursor position. I realize this is what you were going for with the first half screen attempt, but I think this may be a more elegant solution, at least for me... If it is even possible. 😎
Chuck

On Jul 23, 2018, at 2:18 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hi Kosta.

The predictive engine to

Hi Alpha Group,

Thanks!
Ashley

Super appreciate all these suggestions! I've compiled a list for Kosta, so he can get back to us about feasibility and methods for implementing these.

One thing that I noticed did not come up is music playing while typing. I'm curious if everyone has been able to get music to play while they interact with FlickType? It seems to be working for some people and not for others.

Thank you!
Ashley

Chuck Dean

Hi Ashley,
Personally, I do not want to listen to music while I am typing. I feel it would be too distracting.
Chuck

On Jul 23, 2018, at 5:51 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Super appreciate all these suggestions! I've compiled a list for Kosta, so he can get back to us about feasibility and methods for implementing these.

One thing that I noticed did not come up is music playing while typing. I'm curious if everyone has been able to get music to play while they interact with FlickType? It seems to be working for some people and not for others.

Thank you!
Ashley

Ed Worrell

Hey Ashley,

I personally don't find using apps while listening to music that enjoyable of an experience. Different strokes for different folks... I guess.

Ed Worrell

On Jul 23, 2018, at 6:51 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thank you!
Ashley

Chuck Dean

Hi Ashley and Ed,
40 years ago I had music on constantly, now I only listen in cars or when working out.
Chuck

On Jul 23, 2018, at 6:05 PM, Ed Worrell via Groups.Io <ed.worrell=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hey Ashley,

I personally don't find using apps while listening to music that enjoyable of an experience. Different strokes for different folks... I guess.

Ed Worrell
On Jul 23, 2018, at 6:51 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thank you!
Ashley

Michael Maslo

Hello Ashley,

I have been able to listen to music while I type fine. It I do not do it often but when I do, I have no issues.

On Jul 23, 2018, at 19:51, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thank you!
Ashley

Santiago

Music playback while typing works fine for me.

On Jul 23, 2018, at 7:43 PM, Michael Maslo <michaelmaslo04@...> wrote:

Hello Ashley,

I have been able to listen to music while I type fine. It I do not do it often but when I do, I have no issues.

Thank you!
Ashley

Sharon Kim

Hello all,
Okay so someone posted... somewhere, that theyw ould like the swipe sounds back.
I totally agree. Now, voice over announces when a word or taps are
deleted, but I really do like my swipe sounds. Honestly, I'd take that
over voice over announcing it anyday.
I mean it could be like a toggle thing.
Also, the latest change you have, with voice over announcing certain
things at a higher pitch to me anyways, is a bit... odd. I liked it
much better before.
Just a personal opinion.

On 7/23/18, Santiago <santiago.blue.hernandez@...> wrote:
Music playback while typing works fine for me.
On Jul 23, 2018, at 7:43 PM, Michael Maslo <michaelmaslo04@...>
wrote:

Hello Ashley,

I have been able to listen to music while I type fine. It I do not do it
often but when I do, I have no issues.

Super appreciate all these suggestions! I've compiled a list for Kosta,
so he can get back to us about feasibility and methods for implementing
these.

One thing that I noticed did not come up is music playing while typing.
I'm curious if everyone has been able to get music to play while they
interact with FlickType? It seems to be working for some people and not
for others.

Thank you!
Ashley

--
Hope is the thing with feather that perches within the soul, that
sings the tune without the words and enver stops at all.
Emily Dickenson

Benny Barber

Wish list:

1. Half screen where all edit fields are easily accessed
2. Text short cuts
3. I would still like an option to be able to check the spelling of 1
specific word at a time. Having spelling on sometimes gets in the way if
you hesitate in your typing. I think Kosta mentioned a possible 2 finger
swipe to the left past a word to spell check and then a 2 finger back to the
right that would initiate the spelling of that word. In this case you would
not have to have spelling on all the time.
4. I too would like to have tap sounds on touch down rather that touch up.

Thanks.

Benny

-----Original Message-----
From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io [mailto:alpha@flicktype.groups.io] On Behalf
Of FlickType
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2018 3:11 PM

Hi Alpha Group,

Would you please send us your wish list for what you'd like for us to work
on next? We're going to be sending the poll as well as asking what the
larger group would like for us to work on next and we'd appreciate your