Topics

iPhone X bug in build 68

David Nason
 

I've just experienced a bug on the iPhone X when using the custom keyboard.
If I use the iOS next keyboard button in the bottom left below the keyboard, instead of using the magic tap, to return to the standard keyboard and my actual email, the text I've typed disappears. If I use the magic tap, the text is there.
The odd thing is that I am 99% certain this was not happening until a few minutes ago! I was definitely using that button earlier today.

Dave

Michael Maslo
 

Ok Dave, I tried what you said is exactly what happened on my ten.

Sincerely,, mikeĀ 


On May 19, 2018 at 13:05, <David Nason> wrote:

I've just experienced a bug on the iPhone X when using the custom keyboard.

If I use the iOS next keyboard button in the bottom left below the keyboard, instead of using the magic tap, to return to the standard keyboard and my actual email, the text I've typed disappears. If I use the magic tap, the text is there.
The odd thing is that I am 99% certain this was not happening until a few minutes ago! I was definitely using that button earlier today.

Dave



 

Thanks for the report. I can't seem to be able to reproduce this on my iPhone X. Did this only start happening with build 68? And have you tried restarting your device?

- Kosta

David Nason
 

Ok yes, a restart seems to have fixed the issue.
It just started at some point during the day today, not even straight away after installing build 68. I'll let you know if it happens again at all.

Dave

On 19 May 2018, at 23:33, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thanks for the report. I can't seem to be able to reproduce this on my iPhone X. Did this only start happening with build 68? And have you tried restarting your device?

- Kosta


David Nason
 

Ok I am still intermittently experiencing this issue of the text I've typed disappearing when returning to the iOS keyboard by using the next keyboard button on iPhone X. It happened again earlier today, but then fixed itself, without a restart.
In addition, I was also experiencing the issue Chuck mentioned where some of the text I have typed would appear twice in the text field after dismissing the keyboard.
I have also noticed that the next keyboard button does not appear when in touch typing mode. So it's actually become rather difficult to access. If and when there is a one finger gesture to dismiss FlickType or switch to the iOS keyboard, then this will not matter though.

Dave

On 20 May 2018, at 00:34, David Nason <dnason@...> wrote:

Ok yes, a restart seems to have fixed the issue.
It just started at some point during the day today, not even straight away after installing build 68. I'll let you know if it happens again at all.

Dave
On 19 May 2018, at 23:33, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thanks for the report. I can't seem to be able to reproduce this on my iPhone X. Did this only start happening with build 68? And have you tried restarting your device?

- Kosta



 

Hi David,

The dedicated next keyboard button at the very bottom of the screen on the iPhone X is always there, and no keyboard can change that. But what happens is that if you start a tap and hold gesture in the main keyboard area, your touch is not allowed to cross over to the dedicated bottom area of the iPhone X. But if you start your tap and hold further towards the very bottom of the device it should work. Regardless, I recommend you switch using the flicktype gesture, although I understand that this might not currently be ideal due to needing more than one finger.

Kosta

On May 20, 2018, at 12:03, David Nason <dnason@...> wrote:

Ok I am still intermittently experiencing this issue of the text I've typed disappearing when returning to the iOS keyboard by using the next keyboard button on iPhone X. It happened again earlier today, but then fixed itself, without a restart.
In addition, I was also experiencing the issue Chuck mentioned where some of the text I have typed would appear twice in the text field after dismissing the keyboard.
I have also noticed that the next keyboard button does not appear when in touch typing mode. So it's actually become rather difficult to access. If and when there is a one finger gesture to dismiss FlickType or switch to the iOS keyboard, then this will not matter though.

Dave
On 20 May 2018, at 00:34, David Nason <dnason@...> wrote:

Ok yes, a restart seems to have fixed the issue.
It just started at some point during the day today, not even straight away after installing build 68. I'll let you know if it happens again at all.

Dave
On 19 May 2018, at 23:33, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thanks for the report. I can't seem to be able to reproduce this on my iPhone X. Did this only start happening with build 68? And have you tried restarting your device?

- Kosta