Topics

I lost more text.

Chuck Dean

I lost more text.
Hi Kosta,
I just lost more text while typing in my journal at 8:34 PM
Unlike before, not all the text was lost, only the first sentence or two.
I have updated to build 98 before this happened.
Chuck

Thank you Chuck. It usually takes a couple of days before I get your crash report through TestFlight. If you'd like, you can send it directly to me at beta@... to speed up our debugging process. You just go to your Settings app, then Privacy, Analytics, Analytics Data, find and open the relevant FlickType entry, and then share using the button at the top. All FlickType custom keyboard entries will start with the word "Extension", followed by a date and time.

Thank you for your help.

I went into analytics, but I did not find anything marked extensions or Fliktype. I went from DIRECTV to helix. I scrolled through quickly but I did not see anything else that resembled either headings.
Chuck

On Jun 20, 2018, at 9:20 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thank you Chuck. It usually takes a couple of days before I get your crash report through TestFlight. If you'd like, you can send it directly to me at beta@... to speed up our debugging process. You just go to your Settings app, then Privacy, Analytics, Analytics Data, find and open the relevant FlickType entry, and then share using the button at the top. All FlickType custom keyboard entries will start with the word "Extension", followed by a date and time.

Thank you for your help.
- Kosta

Thanks Chuck, that's strange that there was nothing there. I have not yet received your crash report from TestFlight either.

If you could try to stress test build 99, it might help us better understand what's going on. There's some added logging information in that build to better understand memory usage.

By the way, last night there was an outage of our mailing list provider, groups.io. If you or anyone got any errors sending messages, you may try again now as everything seems to be working again.

Thank you,

I'll try typing as much as possible, but unfortunately I am going out of town over the weekend and probably won't be doing as much typing.
Chuck

On Jun 21, 2018, at 9:27 AM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thanks Chuck, that's strange that there was nothing there. I have not yet received your crash report from TestFlight either.

If you could try to stress test build 99, it might help us better understand what's going on. There's some added logging information in that build to better understand memory usage.

By the way, last night there was an outage of our mailing list provider, groups.io. If you or anyone got any errors sending messages, you may try again now as everything seems to be working again.

Thank you,
Kosta

Thank you Chuck, no worries.

Since the majority of folks don't seem to experience the issue, and we now have more memory logging information, we will consider releasing this build to beta in order to get a reliable signal sooner. Same goes for the issue that Benny is experiencing. With more people using a build, patterns can arise to help us figure out what's going on, and it seems that the last couple of builds are at least not utterly broken. FYI we are seeing a lot of out-of-memory crashes in the current beta build anyway, so we think this last build might actually be better for most people.

Hi Kosta,