Topics

How about a send button for emails and text messages?

Chuck Dean

Hello everyone,
What do you all think about a send button in the upper right hand corner when using FlickType to compose an email or text message. This would eliminate the need to dismiss or change the keyboard.

Just spit balling.

Chuck

Michael Maslo

Hi chuck, I think that is a great idea. Especially as you say their is no way of getting to the send button without switching keyboards.

Sincerely,, mike 

On May 21, 2018 at 14:44, <Chuck Dean> wrote:

Hello everyone,
What do you all think about a send button in the upper right hand corner when using FlickType to compose an email or text message. This would eliminate the need to dismiss or change the keyboard.

Just spit balling.

Chuck

Paul Sutton

Sounds great to me if it could be implemented.

On 21 May 2018, at 20:44, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello everyone,

Just spit balling.

Chuck

George Cham

Great idea!

Kind regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26
Get Outlook for iOS

From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of Paul Sutton <sutty_p@...>
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2018 5:58:49 AM
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType-alpha] How about a send button for emails and text messages?

> On 21 May 2018, at 20:44, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:
>
> How about a send button for emails and text messages?
> Hello everyone,
> What do you all think about a send button in the upper right hand corner when using FlickType to compose an email or text message. This would eliminate the need to dismiss or change the keyboard.
>
> Just spit balling.
>
>
>
> Chuck
>
>

Ed Worrell

Hello All,

This in fact is a great idea, but I don’t believe that Apple allows keyboards, or applications to access the send button in Messages or Mail. This would be great and I would love to be proved wrong. I don’t think Apple has developer API’s in place for this functionality. Kosta might be able to develop something, but I am not sure.

Ed

On May 21, 2018, at 2:07 PM, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

Great idea! 

Kind regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Get Outlook for iOS

From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of Paul Sutton <sutty_p@...>
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2018 5:58:49 AM
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType-alpha] How about a send button for emails and text messages?

> 
> Hello everyone, 
> What do you all think about a send button in the upper right hand corner when using FlickType to compose an email or text message. This would eliminate the need to dismiss or change the keyboard. 
> 
> Just spit balling.
> 
> 
> 
> Chuck
> 
> 

Chuck Dean

Yes, I was wondering if it was even possible.

Chuck

On May 21, 2018, at 1:10 PM, Ed Worrell <ed.worrell@...> wrote:

Hello All,

This in fact is a great idea, but I don’t believe that Apple allows keyboards, or applications to access the send button in Messages or Mail. This would be great and I would love to be proved wrong. I don’t think Apple has developer API’s in place for this functionality. Kosta might be able to develop something, but I am not sure.

Ed

Great idea! 

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of Paul Sutton <sutty_p@...>
Subject: Re: [FlickType-alpha] How about a send button for emails and text messages?

> 
> Hello everyone, 
> 
> Just spit balling.
> 
> 
> 
> Chuck
> 
> 

David Nason

I could see that working for me. I would probably still also want it to dismiss the keyboard though, as if I am in a text message conversation, I want to read my friend's replies as they come in. 
I could see that working for me. I would probably still also want it to dismiss the keyboard though, as if I am in a text message conversation, I want to read my friend's replies as they come in. 

As you say though, I don't know if it's even possible. 

As you say though, I don't know if it's even possible. 

Dave

On 21 May 2018, at 21:23, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Chuck

Hello All,

Ed

Great idea! 

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

> 
> Hello everyone, 
> 
> Just spit balling.
> 
> 
> 
> Chuck
> 
> 

David Nason

Kosta, if you are reading this, my last message is an example of what often happens when I go to a new line using the custom keyboard. It will enter what's been typed up to that point twice. 
I've seen it in other peoples emails here too. Strangely I can't seem to reproduce it every time though, so not sure if there are other factors at play too. 

Dave

Chuck

Hello All,

Ed

Great idea! 

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

> 
> Hello everyone, 
> 
> Just spit balling.
> 
> 
> 
> Chuck
> 
> 

George Cham

Was just in my paypal app , i sent a email to customer service . I went to use flicktype custom keyboard . It was not available  . Is this a bug ? Or is flicktype not allowed in third party apps ?

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of David Nason <dnason@...>
Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2018 6:36:31 AM
Subject: Re: [FlickType-alpha] How about a send button for emails and text messages?

Kosta, if you are reading this, my last message is an example of what often happens when I go to a new line using the custom keyboard. It will enter what's been typed up to that point twice. 
I've seen it in other peoples emails here too. Strangely I can't seem to reproduce it every time though, so not sure if there are other factors at play too. 

Dave

Chuck

Hello All,

Ed

Great idea! 

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

> 
> Hello everyone, 
> 
> Just spit balling.
> 
> 
> 
> Chuck
> 
> 

Ed Worrell

Hello George,

I believe some third party apps have blocked the use of custom keyboards. I am not sure about the PayPal application. I have a 3rd party Facebook client that I use that blocks custom keyboards by default.

I hope this helps,

Ed

On May 21, 2018, at 3:27 PM, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

Was just in my paypal app , i sent a email to customer service . I went to use flicktype custom keyboard . It was not available  . Is this a bug ? Or is flicktype not allowed in third party apps ?

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of David Nason <dnason@...>

Dave

Chuck

Hello All,

Ed

Great idea! 

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

> 
> Hello everyone, 
> 
> Just spit balling.
> 
> 
> 
> Chuck
> 
> 

Chuck Dean

Hi George,
IOS  does not allow third-party keyboards to be used in financial institutions, or credit card transactions. It will always revert to the iOS keyboard when entering sensitive information such as bank account numbers, username, and password.

No, it’s not a bug, it’s a safety feature!

Chuck

On May 21, 2018, at 2:27 PM, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

Dave

Chuck

Hello All,

Ed

Great idea! 

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

> 
> Hello everyone, 
> 
> Just spit balling.
> 
> 
> 
> Chuck
> 
> 

Salman Haider

I have not received any emails from the list today. So I am just sending this as a test to see if it's me who is experiencing some issue or if the list has simply been quiet today. 
Salman 

On May 21, 2018, at 6:55 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hi George,
IOS  does not allow third-party keyboards to be used in financial institutions, or credit card transactions. It will always revert to the iOS keyboard when entering sensitive information such as bank account numbers, username, and password.

Chuck

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

Dave

Chuck

Hello All,

Ed

Great idea! 

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

> 
> Hello everyone, 
> 
> Just spit balling.
> 
> 
> 
> Chuck
> 
> 

Salman Haider

Well, I got my answer. Its the latter! I just received my own email. Sorry for any inconvenience this test may have caused.

On May 22, 2018, at 10:05 PM, Salman Haider <salmanhaider.purdue@...> wrote:

I have not received any emails from the list today. So I am just sending this as a test to see if it's me who is experiencing some issue or if the list has simply been quiet today. 
Salman 

Hi George,

Chuck

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

Dave

Chuck

Hello All,

Ed

Great idea! 

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

> 
> Hello everyone, 
> 
> Just spit balling.
> 
> 
> 
> Chuck
> 
> 

Chuck Dean

I haven’t received any emails either. Maybe it’s just a quiet day, maybe Kosta took the day off.

Chuck

On May 22, 2018, at 7:05 PM, Salman Haider <salmanhaider.purdue@...> wrote:

Salman 

Hi George,

Chuck

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

Dave

Chuck

Hello All,

Ed

Great idea! 

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

> 
> Hello everyone, 
> 
> Just spit balling.
> 
> 
> 
> Chuck
> 
> 

Hi all,

We've been traveling for the last couple of days and just got back home. I will probably have a new build ready by tomorrow.

Kosta

- To join our beta, please send an email here
- Browse all our forum topics
Post to our forum
Join our forum
Help & support
- Follow us on Twitter

On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 7:19 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:
I haven’t received any emails either. Maybe it’s just a quiet day, maybe Kosta took the day off.

Chuck

Salman 

Hi George,

Chuck

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

Dave

Chuck

Hello All,

Ed

Great idea! 

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

From: alpha@....io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of Paul Sutton <sutty_p@...>

> 
> Hello everyone, 
> 
> Just spit balling.
> 
> 
> 
> Chuck
> 
> 

David Nason

Glad you took a deserved break 😀 

On 23 May 2018, at 03:30, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

Hi all,

We've been traveling for the last couple of days and just got back home. I will probably have a new build ready by tomorrow.

Kosta

Post to our forum
Join our forum
Help & support
- Follow us on Twitter

Chuck

Salman 

Hi George,

Chuck

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

Dave

Chuck

Hello All,

Ed

Great idea! 

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

From: alpha@....io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of Paul Sutton <sutty_p@...>

> 
> Hello everyone, 
> 
> Just spit balling.
> 
> 
> 
> Chuck
> 
> 

Thank you David.

Unfortunately it was for medical reasons. Regardless, development has resumed and I have merged the two typing styles, but there's still too many bugs to send out. Hopefully tomorrow.

Kosta

Post to our forum
Join our forum
Help & support
- Follow us on Twitter

On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 8:55 AM, David Nason <dnason@...> wrote:
Glad you took a deserved break 😀 

On 23 May 2018, at 03:30, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

Hi all,

Kosta

Post to our forum
Join our forum
Help & support
- Follow us on Twitter

Chuck

Salman 

Hi George,

Chuck

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

Dave

Chuck

Hello All,

Ed

Great idea! 

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

From: alpha@...o <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of Paul Sutton <sutty_p@...>

> 
> Hello everyone, 
> 
> Just spit balling.
> 
> 
> 
> Chuck
> 
>