Topics

"FlickType Keyboard 1.1 (73)" for iOS is now available to test

Benny Barber

Begin forwarded message:

From: Benny Barber <rebelben@...>
Date: May 28, 2018 at 10:21:10 AM CDT
To: beta@...
Subject: Re: "FlickType Keyboard 1.1 (73)" for iOS is now available to test

Kosta, if you type a word in touch typing mode, delete a letter that you incorrectly entered, then flick right, the read back of the word is not correct. The read back is from the corrected letter and does not include the letters prior to the corrected letter. Thanks.

 Benny

On May 27, 2018, at 10:36 PM, TestFlight <no_reply@...> wrote:

FlickType Keyboard, app icon

FlickType Keyboard 1.1 (73) for iOS is ready to test
What To Test:
This release is solely focused on attempting to resolve text loss and text duplication issues. If you ever lose any of your text for whatever reason, please let us know, as well as if you ever get one or more of your sentences to appear duplicated in the text field. Please test as much as possible. If those issues are resolved, there's a good chance we can then make the return key trigger the appropriate action in some fields like search fields.

Thank you for testing,
Kosta & Ashley

To test this app, open TestFlight on your iOS device using iOS 9.3 or later and install the update.

In order to use FlickType Keyboard, you agree that crash data as well as statistics about how you use FlickType Keyboard will be provided to Kpaw, LLC and linked to your email address. Kpaw, LLC may contact you regarding this information. You should review the Terms and Conditions of the TestFlight program, as well as the terms, policies, and practices of Kpaw, LLC. Beta apps may crash or result in data loss.

Salman Haider

I just send an email to the group about this and mentioned it as one
of the bugs I encountered. What I would add here is, not only is the
Voiceover read back incorrect, but a space also gets inserted
incorrectly at the point that that correction was made. So the word
ends up getting split up.

Salman

Begin forwarded message:

From: Benny Barber <rebelben@...>
Date: May 28, 2018 at 10:21:10 AM CDT
To: beta@...
Subject: Re: "FlickType Keyboard 1.1 (73)" for iOS is now available to
test

wrote:

[...]

TestFlight is a service provided by Apple.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Unsubscribe
Copyright © 2018 Apple Inc. One Apple Park Way
Cupertino, CA 95014, United States.
--
Muhammad Salman Haider
(765) 586-6840

Paul Sutton

Yes, that happens to me also

From: Benny Barber <rebelben@...>
Date: May 28, 2018 at 10:21:10 AM CDT
To: beta@...
test

wrote:

[...]

Chanelle Allen

Hello,
I have also found that a space gets inserted after I delete a manually typed character and then finish typing the word. When doing a two finger flick to read over the word, the extra space is not announced. With the Last two FlickType builds, moving by character in manually typed words is possible. Upon switching keyboards and reading over the text I wrote, I am able to find the spaces separating parts of words. Typing things over again is sometimes time-consuming. Hopefully, this issue will be addressed soon.
Chanelle