Topics

Flicktype 3.0 build 168 crashing with Facebook Messenger

Santiago
 

Hello,
Last night, I started noticing that Flicktype 3.0, Build 168 is crashing with Facebook Messenger as well. This is with me using it in half screen mode, not full screen.

 

Hi Santiago, I am looking at some crashes now. If you can reliably reproduce the crash in Messenger, please share any details and steps to do so. Thank you!

Santiago
 

Hi,
The crash seems to be inconsistent, however, all I have to do to reproduce it is to open Messenger, double tap on a conversation, type in a message, and then dismiss the keyboard by swiping down and holding for a second or so.

On Sep 4, 2018, at 9:51 AM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Hi Santiago, I am looking at some crashes now. If you can reliably reproduce the crash in Messenger, please share any details and steps to do so. Thank you!


 

Hi Santiago,

After you dismiss the keyboard, what happens that makes you think it crashed? In my testing, after I dismiss FlickType the problem I have is if I try to edit the conversation field again, FlickType won't popup, although I do not observe it actually crashing. The only workaround I found is to leave the conversation and come back.

- Kosta

George Cham
 

I've tried using flicktype with messenger. No problems. I dismiss keyboard, bring it up again. The app does not crash.

Kind regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26
Get Outlook for iOS
 


From: 32071306660n behalf of
Sent: Wednesday, September 5, 2018 3:17 pm
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType-alpha] Flicktype 3.0 build 168 crashing with Facebook Messenger
 
Hi Santiago,

After you dismiss the keyboard, what happens that makes you think it crashed? In my testing, after I dismiss FlickType the problem I have is if I try to edit the conversation field again, FlickType won't popup, although I do not observe it actually crashing. The only workaround I found is to leave the conversation and come back.

- Kosta



Santiago
 

Hi Kosta, 
After I dismiss the keyboard, Messenger tends to crash, clearing the text I typed on the text field. Again, this doesn't happen every time I use Messenger. 

Santiago 



On Sep 4, 2018, at 10:48 PM, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

I've tried using flicktype with messenger. No problems. I dismiss keyboard, bring it up again. The app does not crash.

Kind regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26
Get Outlook for iOS
 

From: 32071306660n behalf of
Sent: Wednesday, September 5, 2018 3:17 pm
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType-alpha] Flicktype 3.0 build 168 crashing with Facebook Messenger
 
Hi Santiago,

After you dismiss the keyboard, what happens that makes you think it crashed? In my testing, after I dismiss FlickType the problem I have is if I try to edit the conversation field again, FlickType won't popup, although I do not observe it actually crashing. The only workaround I found is to leave the conversation and come back.

- Kosta



 

Thank you, Santiago. Just to clarify, does Messenger crash as in you are returned to the home screen, or does it just exhibit the unexpected behavior of clearing the text? And what iOS version are you using? Also, please continue the conversation in the beta group since everyone has build 168 and others can benefit from the reports.

- Kosta

 

Thank you, George. Are you on iOS 11 or 12?
- Kosta

Santiago
 

Hi Kosta,
Messenger just crashes, and sends me back to the home screen.

Santiago

On Sep 5, 2018, at 9:16 AM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thank you, George. Are you on iOS 11 or 12?
- Kosta