Topics

Default keyboard?

Chuck Dean

I am not sure how this will work in the future, but I have to select the FlickType keyboard once I get to a text field, which is bothersome. If possible it would be better if the FlickType keyboard would be the default keyboard and would open automatically when the text field is opened.

I'm having problems composing text messages. For example. Hey bro. I can not seen to add the above word. Maybe it's the dictionary thing in the first version.

________________________________
I am not sure how this will work in the future, but I have to select the FlickType keyboard once I get to a text field, which is bothersome. If possible it would be better if the FlickType keyboard would be the default keyboard and would open automatically when the text field is opened.

Chuck

Santiago

It seems like the keyboard is working as expected, meaning the issues mentioned are confirmed to be there. Hopefully they're fixable

On Apr 27, 2018, at 1:48 AM, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

I'm having problems composing text messages. For example. Hey bro. I can not seen to add the above word. Maybe it's the dictionary thing in the first version.

________________________________
I am not sure how this will work in the future, but I have to select the FlickType keyboard once I get to a text field, which is bothersome. If possible it would be better if the FlickType keyboard would be the default keyboard and would open automatically when the text field is opened.

Chuck

Michael Maslo

Hello, I did not get the opportunity or the choice to upgrade to alpha beta 50. How would I go about doing this?

On Apr 27, 2018 at 03:02, <Chuck Dean (mailto:cadean329@...)> wrote:

I am not sure how this will work in the future, but I have to select the FlickType keyboard once I get to a text field, which is bothersome. If possible it would be better if the FlickType keyboard would be the default keyboard and would open automatically when the text field is opened.

Chuck

Almost all issues that you notice are fixable. The main focus right now will be to figure out which are the ones that are not fixable, and figure out what the best workarounds will be.

Regarding FlickType popping up as the default keyboard: I believe this has to do with whatever keyboard was used last in that particular text field. And if you usually end your typing by tapping and holding to switch to the standard keyboard, the standard keyboard will pop up next time you use that text field. But if you instead dismiss it by flicking down with two fingers, next time you type in that field you should have FlickType pop up as the default one. Another related point here is that at least in the past, which keyboard would pop up would sometimes appear to be random, but I think the keyboard iOS API is now better.

Dictionary words are currently unsupported.

Michael, you should now have build 50 available on TestFlight, please let us know if not.

Kosta