From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of Chuck Dean <cadean329@...>
Sent: Saturday, May 5, 2018 11:41:12 AM
To: Alpha
Subject: [FlickType-alpha] Custom keyboard, a thought.

Custom keyboard, a thought.
I was thinking about a replacement for the tap and hole to go to the next keyboard; considering it won't be available once manual input is activated.
I was thinking a three finger tap. Then to go to the next keyboard; do a three finger tap; and to dismiss the keyboard do a three finger swipe down. Three fingers control the keyboard, works for me.

Hi George, I have had the sane problem; shut down your iPhone and restart it. You will be able to type... For awhile.

Chuck

On May 4, 2018, at 6:55 PM, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

I'm having problems composing emails as I type this message, I'm getting the memory warning message. If I compose a message, and I flick to the left, voice over says space and the word will not go off the screen. This is only happening on the I phone.

I was thinking about a replacement for the tap and hole to go to the next keyboard; considering it won't be available once manual input is activated.
I was thinking a three finger tap. Then to go to the next keyboard; do a three finger tap; and to dismiss the keyboard do a three finger swipe down. Three fingers control the keyboard, works for me.

I now see that a three finger tap would not work. The gestures with FlickType need to have movement, otherwise it would input a letter. How about a three finger swipe up?

Chuck

On May 4, 2018, at 6:41 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Custom keyboard, a thought.
I was thinking about a replacement for the tap and hole to go to the next keyboard; considering it won't be available once manual input is activated.
I was thinking a three finger tap. Then to go to the next keyboard; do a three finger tap; and to dismiss the keyboard do a three finger swipe down. Three fingers control the keyboard, works for me.

Chuck. Think the three finger tap would work. It boils down to how the tap or gesture is programme. A three finger tap and hold should work. To switch to the default system keyboard. A three finger swipe up would be nice to switch between flick type keyboards: symbols, numbers. And eventually emoji support as well. I like the thought too.