Topics

Builds 60 and 61

Chanelle Allen

Hello,
I was testing Build 60 of the FlickType keyboard in the Notes app. I typed a long note to determine if I experienced the problem of not being able to read back by sentence to the beginning. After using the three finger left gesture two or three times to read a few sentencees and then attempting to navigate by word, FlickType would not move further back. Then, I tried to find my place with the regular keyboard, exited Notes, opened FlickType App, and began typing or trying to type. Instead of hearing taps, VoiceOver would announce letters my finger touched or nothing at all. Performing the two finger flick up gesture resulted in VoiceOver saying dollar sign or some other character, which was also probably entered into the typing area. I also repeatedly heard the "ready to type" message one gets upon first opening FlickType App or returning from the menu. Occasionally, I did hear tap sounds. FlickType behaved normally with VoiceOver turned off. I opened TestFlight planning to uninstall and reinstall FlickType when I saw build 61. I still had the same problems after updating. FlickType Keyboard froze, and the app only worked with VoiceOver off. I restarted my phone. When I attempted to revert to build 60, I received the message that it was not available.
Is anyone else having similar difficulties using FlickType? I was enjoying the FlickType keyboard typing experience before things started behaving erratically.
Chanelle
Chanelle

Chuck Dean

Hello, I tried to duplicate your problems, but I could not. If it were me, I would restart my iPhone, keeping in mind that the first time FlickType starts may take about twenty seconds.

Chuck

On May 7, 2018, at 9:02 PM, Chanelle Allen <chanellem.allen@...> wrote:

Hello,
I was testing Build 60 of the FlickType keyboard in the Notes app. I typed a long note to determine if I experienced the problem of not being able to read back by sentence to the beginning. After using the three finger left gesture two or three times to read a few sentencees and then attempting to navigate by word, FlickType would not move further back. Then, I tried to find my place with the regular keyboard, exited Notes, opened FlickType App, and began typing or trying to type. Instead of hearing taps, VoiceOver would announce letters my finger touched or nothing at all. Performing the two finger flick up gesture resulted in VoiceOver saying dollar sign or some other character, which was also probably entered into the typing area. I also repeatedly heard the "ready to type" message one gets upon first opening FlickType App or returning from the menu. Occasionally, I did hear tap sounds. FlickType behaved normally with VoiceOver turned off. I opened TestFlight planning to uninstall and reinstall FlickType when I saw build 61. I still had the same problems after updating. FlickType Keyboard froze, and the app only worked with VoiceOver off. I restarted my phone. When I attempted to revert to build 60, I received the message that it was not available.
Is anyone else having similar difficulties using FlickType? I was enjoying the FlickType keyboard typing experience before things started behaving erratically.
Chanelle
Chanelle

George Cham

Hi chuck, I was just in the notes App, and I had no troubles. However, I did not navigate using three finger gesture. As I reply to your message, I'm hearing the taps, end no warning messages. I am getting frustrated because I can not enter numbers.

Kind regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26
Get Outlook<https://aka.ms/qtex0l> for iOS
Sent: Tuesday, May 8, 2018 2:39:09 PM
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType-alpha] Builds 60 and 61

Hello, I tried to duplicate your problems, but I could not. If it were me, I would restart my iPhone, keeping in mind that the first time FlickType starts may take about twenty seconds.

Chuck

Hello,
Chanelle
Chanelle

Chuck Dean

I am sure numbers and symbols are coming soon, but Kosta needs to iron out all the typing bugs before he attaches all the bells and whistles. Personally, I am amazed at how fast this whole process is. I am using the custom keyboard to reply to this email, something that would have been next to impossible this morning.

Chuck

On May 7, 2018, at 10:18 PM, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

Hi chuck, I was just in the notes App, and I had no troubles. However, I did not navigate using three finger gesture. As I reply to your message, I'm hearing the taps, end no warning messages. I am getting frustrated because I can not enter numbers.

Kind regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26
Get Outlook<https://aka.ms/qtex0l> for iOS
Sent: Tuesday, May 8, 2018 2:39:09 PM
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType-alpha] Builds 60 and 61

Chuck

Hello,
Chanelle
Chanelle