Topics

Build 86


 

- Added setting for a spacebar row, off by default.
- Added screen curtain gesture to hide or show the visual announcements.
- Automatically switch to the numbers layout on appropriate text fields.


George Cham
 

Love   build 86. Visual announcement on or is it off? Means no one can see what I’m typing. And  The spacebar  row? Doesn’t matter to me. I’m not fussed about it

Kind Regards,

George Cham



From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of FlickType <hello@...>
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2018 5:54:21 PM
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: [FlickType-alpha] Build 86
 
- Added setting for a spacebar row, off by default.
- Added screen curtain gesture to hide or show the visual announcements.
- Automatically switch to the numbers layout on appropriate text fields.




Chuck Dean
 

Hello,
Everything is working fine.

It looks as if you are trying to make the manual input keyboard close to the iOS keyboard. Probably a good idea.👍

On Jun 12, 2018, at 12:54 AM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

- Added setting for a spacebar row, off by default.
- Added screen curtain gesture to hide or show the visual announcements.
- Automatically switch to the numbers layout on appropriate text fields.



Santiago
 

Hello,
Everything is working fine on my end, although I still tend to activate control center when using the swipe up and hold gesture to switch keyboards.

On Jun 12, 2018, at 1:03 AM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:


Hello,
Everything is working fine.

It looks as if you are trying to make the manual input keyboard close to the iOS keyboard. Probably a good idea.👍

On Jun 12, 2018, at 12:54 AM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

- Added setting for a spacebar row, off by default.
- Added screen curtain gesture to hide or show the visual announcements.
- Automatically switch to the numbers layout on appropriate text fields.




Benny Barber
 

Kosta,

Would it be possible to get an option to turn on phonetic feedback of
letters when touch typing (manual input of a word)? The latest build is
great. Thanks so much.
Benny

-----Original Message-----
From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io [mailto:alpha@flicktype.groups.io] On Behalf
Of FlickType
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2018 2:54 AM
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: [FlickType-alpha] Build 86

- Added setting for a spacebar row, off by default.
- Added screen curtain gesture to hide or show the visual announcements.
- Automatically switch to the numbers layout on appropriate text fields.


David Nason
 

Really like this. Thanks for the quick turnaround on hiding the visual word announcements. Working great.
Likewise, I don't really care for the spacebar but it's no harm having the option there.
I agree the familiarity with the iOS keyboard is a good move. And for me has actually become a much better idea than the extra row above the keyboard from the old app.
I would also find phonetic feedback when navigating the keyboard manually to be useful.

I would also like to be able to manually type a capital letter, then complete the word with taps.
Oh, and by any chance, could we have a few more emoji spots? I understand we don't want too many, but even expanding it from six to ten would be nice.
I know there is a complete emoji keyboard on the way at some point, but the swipe up shortcut is nonetheless very convenient.

All in all though this feels like something which is extremely close to public release.

Dave

On 12 Jun 2018, at 12:34, Benny Barber <rebelben@...> wrote:

Kosta,

Would it be possible to get an option to turn on phonetic feedback of
letters when touch typing (manual input of a word)? The latest build is
great. Thanks so much.
Benny

-----Original Message-----
From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io [mailto:alpha@flicktype.groups.io] On Behalf
Of FlickType
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2018 2:54 AM
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: [FlickType-alpha] Build 86

- Added setting for a spacebar row, off by default.
- Added screen curtain gesture to hide or show the visual announcements.
- Automatically switch to the numbers layout on appropriate text fields.






Ed Worrell
 

Kosta and Ashley,

Once again great built.

There are only three things that are missing to make this a complete stock keyboard replacement for me...

1. Swipe left and hold to quick delete. I believe this was an option in the old Fleksy keyboard that could be toggled on/off in settings. It would be a nice option to have back.

2. I know this one is difficult. The option to use the swipe right and hold to activate a search field. This would be fantastic.


3. Phonetics when manually typing words. This is very helpful for the bottom row of letters. Thanks, and great job as always!

Ed Worrell

On Jun 12, 2018, at 6:12 AM, David Nason <dnason@...> wrote:

Really like this. Thanks for the quick turnaround on hiding the visual word announcements. Working great.
Likewise, I don't really care for the spacebar but it's no harm having the option there.
I agree the familiarity with the iOS keyboard is a good move. And for me has actually become a much better idea than the extra row above the keyboard from the old app.
I would also find phonetic feedback when navigating the keyboard manually to be useful.

I would also like to be able to manually type a capital letter, then complete the word with taps.
Oh, and by any chance, could we have a few more emoji spots? I understand we don't want too many, but even expanding it from six to ten would be nice.
I know there is a complete emoji keyboard on the way at some point, but the swipe up shortcut is nonetheless very convenient.

All in all though this feels like something which is extremely close to public release.

Dave
On 12 Jun 2018, at 12:34, Benny Barber <rebelben@...> wrote:

Kosta,

Would it be possible to get an option to turn on phonetic feedback of
letters when touch typing (manual input of a word)? The latest build is
great. Thanks so much.
Benny

-----Original Message-----
From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io [mailto:alpha@flicktype.groups.io] On Behalf
Of FlickType
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2018 2:54 AM
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: [FlickType-alpha] Build 86

- Added setting for a spacebar row, off by default.
- Added screen curtain gesture to hide or show the visual announcements.
- Automatically switch to the numbers layout on appropriate text fields.







Chuck Dean
 

Hello Kosta and Ashley,
Another successful build!
Its near perfect; only two more things to make me happy.
Being able to insert my text replacements, and a half screen keyboard option.
Thanks for all your hard work!😎

Chuck


 

Thank you all for your feedback. Your requested features are coming soon, as soon as we can possibly complete them, smile!

FYI build 86 was just released to the beta group.

Warmly,
Kosta and Ashley


Macster
 

Hi Kosta and Ashley,

This is yet another solid build. I've just typed a few of the train station names between here and Glasgow, dismissed the keyboard, brought it up again and hey presto they're in the dictionary. This is a genius idea and well executed first time! I don't think you are miles away from an app store version now, more dotting the i's and crossing the t's.

I agree with Ed that the flick left and hold to quick delete would be great, as is Chuck's phonetics request. I think I have only two more to suggest if that's ok...

1 After typing a word in the classic app, wait for a second and its spelled out letter by letter. Is it possible to implement this again? And...

2 If its possible, could the feature of being able to capitalize a letter and then FlickType the rest of the word in this version? For example, currently if I want to type radio with a capital R, I'd single tap with two fingers, press the R, but when I try to FlickType adio, I currently invariably get shop. I hope that feature is technically possible as I use it constantly. I'll need to delete adio from my dictionary now though😝

I like having the options of having the next keyboard button and even the spacebar button. I personally don't think I'll use them but some folk might and the level of customisation of recent builds is becoming more and more impressive.

Many thanks as always,

Macky

On 12 Jun 2018, at 08:54, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

- Added setting for a spacebar row, off by default.
- Added screen curtain gesture to hide or show the visual announcements.
- Automatically switch to the numbers layout on appropriate text fields.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Groups.io Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.
You automatically follow any topics you start or reply to.

View/Reply Online (#1222): https://flicktype.groups.io/g/alpha/message/1222
Mute This Topic: https://groups.io/mt/21998823/911963
Group Owner: alpha+owner@flicktype.groups.io
Unsubscribe: https://flicktype.groups.io/g/alpha/leave/defanged [@Macster]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


Macster
 

One other thing I've just noticed. I listened back to my previous message from a few moments ago after dismissing the keyboard and noticed a small grammer error just after the number 2. When reenvoking the keyboard to try to correct this, I couldn't access any text, just got the VoiceOver start and end gongs with a few hyphens and equal signs. Upon dismissing the keyboard again, all of the email I had typed was still there, hence I just cent it. Never seen that before. Anyone else seen this?

Macky

On 12 Jun 2018, at 08:54, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

- Added setting for a spacebar row, off by default.
- Added screen curtain gesture to hide or show the visual announcements.
- Automatically switch to the numbers layout on appropriate text fields.



 

Thanks Macky.

Both features you mentioned will be implemented soon. I should note
though, that even though you can't yet mix touch and tap typing for
the same word, you can invoke shift using the two finger tap and the
next word you tap type will have the first letter capitalized.

On the hyphen and equal signs, this is the signature at the very
bottom of quoted emails from the mailing list. Unfortunately, when
editing existing text the cursor usually goes to the very end of the
field, and we are unable to move past the current sentence or so that
iOS gives us. There might be some very hacky workaround I could do for
this, but hopefully the half screen mode will reduce some of that need
since you'd be able to move the cursor using the standard VoiceOver
gestures at the top half of the screen where the app is.

- Kosta

On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 12:20 PM Macster <@Macster> wrote:

One other thing I've just noticed. I listened back to my previous message from a few moments ago after dismissing the keyboard and noticed a small grammer error just after the number 2. When reenvoking the keyboard to try to correct this, I couldn't access any text, just got the VoiceOver start and end gongs with a few hyphens and equal signs. Upon dismissing the keyboard again, all of the email I had typed was still there, hence I just cent it. Never seen that before. Anyone else seen this?

Macky
On 12 Jun 2018, at 08:54, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

- Added setting for a spacebar row, off by default.
- Added screen curtain gesture to hide or show the visual announcements.
- Automatically switch to the numbers layout on appropriate text fields.




 

I should also clarify some terminology here, particularly touch typing versus tap typing:

What we're calling "touch typing" is the same as the iOS keyboard touch typing, where you get character feedback as you're exploring the keyboard and then you lift your finger to enter the desired character.
We came up with the term "tap typing" to describe the way of typing where you don't wait for character feedback, but instead tap each letter where you think it is.

In the future, you'll be able to mix and match touches and taps for the same word as needed.

- Kosta


Macster
 

Thanks Kosta, I must have missed the part about the shift key working for the next word, I automatically went to manual typing after using shift. As always you're one step ahead of the game😀👍

Macky

On 12 Jun 2018, at 20:32, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thanks Macky.

Both features you mentioned will be implemented soon. I should note
though, that even though you can't yet mix touch and tap typing for
the same word, you can invoke shift using the two finger tap and the
next word you tap type will have the first letter capitalized.

On the hyphen and equal signs, this is the signature at the very
bottom of quoted emails from the mailing list. Unfortunately, when
editing existing text the cursor usually goes to the very end of the
field, and we are unable to move past the current sentence or so that
iOS gives us. There might be some very hacky workaround I could do for
this, but hopefully the half screen mode will reduce some of that need
since you'd be able to move the cursor using the standard VoiceOver
gestures at the top half of the screen where the app is.

- Kosta



On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 12:20 PM Macster <@Macster> wrote:

One other thing I've just noticed. I listened back to my previous message from a few moments ago after dismissing the keyboard and noticed a small grammer error just after the number 2. When reenvoking the keyboard to try to correct this, I couldn't access any text, just got the VoiceOver start and end gongs with a few hyphens and equal signs. Upon dismissing the keyboard again, all of the email I had typed was still there, hence I just cent it. Never seen that before. Anyone else seen this?

Macky
On 12 Jun 2018, at 08:54, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

- Added setting for a spacebar row, off by default.
- Added screen curtain gesture to hide or show the visual announcements.
- Automatically switch to the numbers layout on appropriate text fields.