Topics

Build 81

Thank you George for catching that. For some reason the wrong version is showing in the settings. I’ll fix it with the next build. 

Kosta

On Jun 7, 2018, at 15:23, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

Just installed the latest alpha version of FlickType.
In the settings it's saying version build 80.
I've also installed the FlickType clasic.

Kind regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26
Get Outlook for iOS

From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of FlickType <hello@...>
Sent: Friday, June 8, 2018 8:19:57 AM
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: [FlickType-alpha] Bild 81

- Added a "Welcome" tab
- Renamed "Type" tab to "Demo", and added an educational header.
- When running in demo, "Next keyboard" button is hidden and "Dismiss" button is always available.
- When running in demo, the hint for next keyboard is not announced.
- New setting to customize your emoji shortcuts. You can now choose up to 6 of your favorite or most-used emojis.
- Bumped version to 2.0

George Cham

How do you add new emoji

Kind regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Get Outlook for iOS

From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of FlickType <hello@...>
Sent: Friday, June 8, 2018 8:33:38 AM
Subject: Re: [FlickType-alpha] Build 81

Thank you George for catching that. For some reason the wrong version is showing in the settings. I’ll fix it with the next build. 

Kosta

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

- Added a "Welcome" tab
- When running in demo, "Next keyboard" button is hidden and "Dismiss" button is always available.
- New setting to customize your emoji shortcuts. You can now choose up to 6 of your favorite or most-used emojis.
- Bumped version to 2.0

You simply enter the emojis you want in the emoji text filed in the settings.

Kosta

On Jun 7, 2018, at 15:42, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

How do you add new emoji

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

Kosta

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

- Added a "Welcome" tab
- Bumped version to 2.0

Chuck Dean

Hi George, 

Go to the container app, then to settings. You will see emoji, with the current four in a line. Using the iOS and emoji keyboards to edit or add emoji into this line. 

On Jun 7, 2018, at 3:42 PM, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

How do you add new emoji

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

Kosta

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

- Added a "Welcome" tab
- Bumped version to 2.0

Ed Worrell

Hey Kosta, Ashley. And listers, 

I love the ability to customize emojis, I have run into a problem though. I didn't realize how many of them I use on a regular basis. I find myself wanting the ability to add more. 

Ed 

On Jun 7, 2018, at 4:42 PM, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

How do you add new emoji

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

Kosta

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

- Added a "Welcome" tab
- Bumped version to 2.0

Currently, only the first 6 emojis you enter in the textfield will be available as emoji shortcuts. We can expand this to include some more, but we might always want to limit it since flicking through dozens and dozens of emoji won't be that great, and we plan to offer full emoji support in the future anyway.

Thank you for the facebook messenger report, it's good to be aware of it. I do want to note though that you can still do what you need to do without the Classic app, since you can now also type and export using the new container app, in the "Demo" tab. It doesn't yet have shortcuts for copy and clear, or automatically copy and clear on exit, but the share sheet does include a "Copy" option. Just making sure everybody's aware.

Thanks for the feedback, please keep it coming, smile!

Kosta

George Cham

I'm still confused. To add more emoji's, do I need to add the emoji keyboard to my list of keyboards in settings?

Kind Regards,

George Cham

Sent: Friday, June 8, 2018 9:37:27 AM

Currently, only the first 6 emojis you enter in the textfield will be available as emoji shortcuts. We can expand this to include some more, but we might always want to limit it since flicking through dozens and dozens of emoji won't be that great, and we plan to offer full emoji support in the future anyway.

Thank you for the facebook messenger report, it's good to be aware of it. I do want to note though that you can still do what you need to do without the Classic app, since you can now also type and export using the new container app, in the "Demo" tab. It doesn't yet have shortcuts for copy and clear, or automatically copy and clear on exit, but the share sheet does include a "Copy" option. Just making sure everybody's aware.

Kosta

George Cham

Ok, I've worked it out. I added a lot of emoji. But if full emoji support is comming, then I'll wait for the full complement.

Kind Regards,

George Cham

From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of George Cham <George.cham@...>
Sent: Friday, June 8, 2018 6:34:44 PM
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io; alpha@flicktype.groups.io

I'm still confused. To add more emoji's, do I need to add the emoji keyboard to my list of keyboards in settings?

Kind Regards,

George Cham

Sent: Friday, June 8, 2018 9:37:27 AM

Kosta

David Nason

Hi,

In the new container app on iPhone X, it appears that the keyboard is lower down the screen than it is in the system wide one.

On the plus side, I'm running iOS 12 beta end right now at least, Apple appear to have fixed the issue with the home and app switcher gestures not working in apps such as FlickType where custom gestures are active. At least I think that's a good thing☺️

Dave

Thank you David. The demo keyboard is indeed misplaced on the iPhone X, and it also does not yet support landscape mode. These will be addressed soon.

Good to know about iOS 12 and the gestures, smile!

Also FYI, build 81 was just released to the beta group, and FlickType Classic is now available on the App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/flicktype-classic-legacy/id1395638984?mt=8

- Kosta

David Nason

Cool.
So does that mean that as we speak, there are essentially two identical apps on the app store?

Dave

On 8 Jun 2018, at 20:28, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thank you David. The demo keyboard is indeed misplaced on the iPhone X, and it also does not yet support landscape mode. These will be addressed soon.

Also FYI, build 81 was just released to the beta group, and FlickType Classic is now available on the App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/flicktype-classic-legacy/id1395638984?mt=8

- Kosta

Ed Worrell

Hello Kosta,

I am having the exact opposite happen to me on the iOS 12 beta. I am triggering the the home gesture much more frequently than in iOS 11.4. I don’t believe it’s human error as I thought in a previous email. I have placed my finger up on the screen about a 1/2 inch or so, and I am now triggering the home gesture about every third swipe up. This being the first beta release of iOS 12 they could adjust the sensitivity of the gesture in future builds.

Thanks,

Ed

On Jun 8, 2018, at 1:28 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

- Kosta

David Nason

Hi Ed,

Apple do seem to have changed the behaviour. From my experience, in iOS 11 the VoiceOver home and app switcher gestures did not work at all when in FlickType. And in fact, the sighted user methods were in force.
Now, in iOS 12, the correct VoiceOver gestures are working. For me, they are only being invoked it I slide up from the very bottom of the screen, as it should be. So I am not finding any conflict.
Interesting if you are.

Dave

On 8 Jun 2018, at 20:41, Ed Worrell <ed.worrell@...> wrote:

Hello Kosta,

I am having the exact opposite happen to me on the iOS 12 beta. I am triggering the the home gesture much more frequently than in iOS 11.4. I don’t believe it’s human error as I thought in a previous email. I have placed my finger up on the screen about a 1/2 inch or so, and I am now triggering the home gesture about every third swipe up. This being the first beta release of iOS 12 they could adjust the sensitivity of the gesture in future builds.

Thanks,

Ed

On Jun 8, 2018, at 1:28 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

- Kosta