Topics

Build 73, text still vanishing.

Chuck Dean

Hi Kosta,
I have had text vanish twice with this new build. Once with my notes app and once with the journal app.
It seems that it happens a few words after starting to type, so not a lot of text is lost.
I have not seen any text repeating in this build.

Chuck

Thank you Chuck.

I wonder if the keyboard is crashing. Whenever the text vanishes, do you happen to hear anything like the keyboard dismissing and quickly reappearing? Or anything else unusual?

Also, do you happen to remember the approximate time of day when that happened? I might be able to correlate that with the crash reports, if I get any.

Thanks,
Kosta

On May 28, 2018, at 14:32, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hi Kosta,
I have had text vanish twice with this new build. Once with my notes app and once with the journal app.
It seems that it happens a few words after starting to type, so not a lot of text is lost.

Chuck

Chuck Dean

Hi Kosta,
The last time the text vanished was about two hours ago from now.

I haven't noticed anything this time, but in the past I have noticed the screen flash.

Chuck

On May 28, 2018, at 3:17 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thank you Chuck.

I wonder if the keyboard is crashing. Whenever the text vanishes, do you happen to hear anything like the keyboard dismissing and quickly reappearing? Or anything else unusual?

Also, do you happen to remember the approximate time of day when that happened? I might be able to correlate that with the crash reports, if I get any.

Thanks,
Kosta

On May 28, 2018, at 14:32, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hi Kosta,

Chuck

Thank you Chuck.

Do you happen to remember if the last thing you did right before the text vanished was browse or enter emojis?

Kosta

Chuck Dean

No, the last thing I did before the text vanished was type the letter s.
Btw once before I noticed that my text vanished when I typed the word "as".. I don't know if there is a connection.

I just noticed another bug, although I doubt it will come up often. It is difficult to cap the letter Q using 3D touch. It wants to open the app switcher.

Chuck

On May 28, 2018, at 4:47 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thank you Chuck.

Do you happen to remember if the last thing you did right before the text vanished was browse or enter emojis?

Kosta