Build 64

Chuck Dean

So far, so good. I have only been using this build for a few minutes but all is working very well.

Chuck

George Cham

When I got the TestFlight notification, it said build 63, but I got64.  So far, working ok. l

Kind Regards,

George Cham

From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of Chuck Dean <cadean329@...>
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2018 1:04:42 PM
To: Alpha
Subject: [FlickType-alpha] Build 64

So far, so good. I have only been using this build for a few minutes but all is working very well.

Chuck

Chuck Dean

Hi George, I get the same thing, too. The email is always one build behind. 

Chuck

On May 10, 2018, at 8:16 PM, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

When I got the TestFlight notification, it said build 63, but I got64.  So far, working ok. l

Kind Regards,

George Cham

From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io <alpha@flicktype.groups.io> on behalf of Chuck Dean <cadean329@...>

Chuck

George Cham

There is no big change in this build from the previous one. The white bar at the bottom is ok representing the top and bottom rows of keys. But I think the white bar at the bottom should go, and just keep the screen black. And oh! Yes, keep the large letters.

Kind regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26
Get Outlook for iOS

Sent: Friday, May 11, 2018 1:24:51 PM
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType-alpha] Build 64

Chuck

Kind Regards,

George Cham

Chuck

Chuck Dean

Actually, I think I am the one who requested that contrasting bar to indicate where the home row should be. 😎 at first I didn't care much for the words on top, but now I find myself looking at them when I am not sure of what word was announced. I would like to see the ability to change the color of the cursor and the home key bar. 

Chuck

On May 10, 2018, at 8:32 PM, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

There is no big change in this build from the previous one. The white bar at the bottom is ok representing the top and bottom rows of keys. But I think the white bar at the bottom should go, and just keep the screen black. And oh! Yes, keep the large letters.

Kind regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Get Outlook for iOS

Chuck

Kind Regards,

George Cham

Chuck

George Cham

Its funny, I keep looking at the words too.

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

Sent: Friday, May 11, 2018 1:41:07 PM

Actually, I think I am the one who requested that contrasting bar to indicate where the home row should be. 😎 at first I didn't care much for the words on top, but now I find myself looking at them when I am not sure of what word was announced. I would like to see the ability to change the color of the cursor and the home key bar. 

Chuck

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

Chuck

Kind Regards,

George Cham

Chuck

Chuck Dean

Yes, that Kosta is a steely eyed app developer! He knew us better than we knew ourselves.

Chuck

On May 10, 2018, at 8:43 PM, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

Its funny, I keep looking at the words too.

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

Sent: Friday, May 11, 2018 1:41:07 PM

Chuck

Kind regards,

George Cham

Get Outlook for iOS

Chuck

Kind Regards,

George Cham

Chuck

Chuck Dean

Build 64
I just tried the FlickType custom keyboard on my iPad mini two, in landscape mode. It was almost like typing on a regular keyboard I could use eight fingers to select the letters. With a little practice I think I could get very fast with this. I can hardly wait until this keyboard is fully functional.

Chuck

Paul Sutton

Hi everyone, this build is working ok for me so far. The only miner thing was that when I clicked reply so I could respond to this email was that it bought up the iOS keyboard which was fine but where it should have the word FlickType for me to press, instead it said English UK but when I pressed it it still took me to FlickType. Regards, Paul.

On 11 May 2018, at 04:04, Chuck Dean <cadean329@gmail.com> wrote:

Chuck

David Nason

Chuck, just a thought, but could your issue with tap volume be connected to audio ducking? I notice that when playing music or other audio, it stops when I open the FlickType keyboard, which tells me that FlickType is linked to the main device audio.

Dave

On 11 May 2018, at 08:18, Paul Sutton <sutty_p@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

Hi everyone, this build is working ok for me so far. The only miner thing was that when I clicked reply so I could respond to this email was that it bought up the iOS keyboard which was fine but where it should have the word FlickType for me to press, instead it said English UK but when I pressed it it still took me to FlickType. Regards, Paul.

Chuck

David Nason

Slight amendment to my last mail. It is only the main app that is cutting out other audio, the custom keyboard does not.

Dave

On 11 May 2018, at 16:16, David Nason <dnason@gmail.com> wrote:

Chuck, just a thought, but could your issue with tap volume be connected to audio ducking? I notice that when playing music or other audio, it stops when I open the FlickType keyboard, which tells me that FlickType is linked to the main device audio.

Dave

Chuck

Chuck Dean

No, I tried adjusting that.

Chuck

On May 11, 2018, at 8:16 AM, David Nason <dnason@gmail.com> wrote:

Dave

Chuck

David Nason

Fair enough. Was worth a shot. In yet a further amendment to my issue with audio cutting out, it is in fact happening with both the main app and the custom keyboard, but is intermittent, sometimes it cuts out, and sometimes it doesn't. Dave

On 11 May 2018, at 17:07, Chuck Dean <cadean329@gmail.com> wrote:

No, I tried adjusting that.

Chuck

On May 11, 2018, at 8:16 AM, David Nason <dnason@gmail.com> wrote:

Dave

Chuck