Topics

Build 57, no click sounds on my iPad mini.

Chuck Dean

Hi Kosta, I am trying the custom keyboard on my I pad mini two. Everything works great except I get no click sounds. I have the settings at new marimba and the volume at forty percent. No big deal, but thought I would mention it. I can type very fast with the mini, as I am using both hands and eight fingers. A little clumsy at first, but I am getting better all the time!

Chuck (mobile)
Pleez x cuze enny tie ping or spelin airors.

George Cham

Hi costa I'm still getting memory warning on I phone8 with build57

Kind regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26
Get Outlook<https://aka.ms/qtex0l> for iOS
Sent: Monday, May 7, 2018 7:58:37 AM
To: Alpha
Subject: [FlickType-alpha] Build 57, no click sounds on my iPad mini.

Hi Kosta, I am trying the custom keyboard on my I pad mini two. Everything works great except I get no click sounds. I have the settings at new marimba and the volume at forty percent. No big deal, but thought I would mention it. I can type very fast with the mini, as I am using both hands and eight fingers. A little clumsy at first, but I am getting better all the time!

Chuck (mobile)

Chuck Dean

Hi George, I removed FlickType after exporting my dictionary, and installed it using test flight. It is better, but as I tried to reply to this email, I got the memory warning enough times that I had to restart my iPhone. Its working better now. I am also using an iPhone eight running iOS eleven point three point one.

Chuck

On May 6, 2018, at 3:02 PM, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

Kind regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’

Chuck (mobile)

George Cham

Hi chuck, I removed FlickType and installed it from testflight. I went to import dictionary, from the iOS mail app. Flicktype froze, and crashed. I then launched it again, imported dictionary, I got a message saying, all 32 entries imported. As I type this reply, I got the memory warning. I think that before this build goes into the AppStore, the issue of the memory warning needs to be addressed. Because you fan not expect the user to keep restarting there device

Kind regards,

George Cham

Sent: Monday, May 7, 2018 8:12:55 AM
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: Re: [FlickType-alpha] Build 57, no click sounds on my iPad mini.

Hi George, I removed FlickType after exporting my dictionary, and installed it using test flight. It is better, but as I tried to reply to this email, I got the memory warning enough times that I had to restart my iPhone. Its working better now. I am also using an iPhone eight running iOS eleven point three point one.

Chuck

Kind regards,

George Cham

Chuck (mobile)

Alex Hiironen

I had the same issue with dictionary importing. Did the same thing (exported/reinstalled Ft from Testflight). The first time I tried importing dictionary, I didn't have Ft running. It crashed hard on that attempt. I consequentially opened it then switched back to mail and tried to import it again and it was successful that time.

As others have stated, I'm also experiencing the "beginning of document" msg when I switch to the Flicktype keyboard in any app, even with text already in the edit field. Sounds like the keyboard uses a buffer and once it's dismissed it drops the text in the field?

As usual, thx for all the hard work.

Alex

On May 6, 2018, at 6:32 PM, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

Hi chuck, I removed FlickType and installed it from testflight. I went to import dictionary, from the iOS mail app. Flicktype froze, and crashed. I then launched it again, imported dictionary, I got a message saying, all 32 entries imported. As I type this reply, I got the memory warning. I think that before this build goes into the AppStore, the issue of the memory warning needs to be addressed. Because you fan not expect the user to keep restarting there device

Kind regards,

George Cham

Chuck

Kind regards,

George Cham

Chuck (mobile)

Chuck Dean

I totally agree with you. The memory warning is unacceptable. I’m wondering if it’s only showing up on iPhone eights? I don’t know if anybody else is reporting that.

Chuck

On May 6, 2018, at 3:32 PM, George Cham <George.cham@...> wrote:

Kind regards,

George Cham

Chuck

Kind regards,

George Cham

Chuck (mobile)

Michael Maslo

Hi chuck, I am running twelve one beta with my iphone x and I have no memory issues whatsoever.

Sincerely,, mike

On May 6, 2018 at 18:25, <Chuck Dean (mailto:cadean329@...)> wrote:

I totally agree with you. The memory warning is unacceptable. I’m wondering if it’s only showing up on iPhone eights? I don’t know if anybody else is reporting that.

Chuck

Kind regards,

George Cham

Chuck

Kind regards,

George Cham

Chuck (mobile)

David Nason

Likewise, I have never seen the memory warning on iPhone X.

On 7 May 2018, at 00:44, Michael Maslo <michaelmaslo04@...> wrote:

Hi chuck, I am running twelve one beta with my iphone x and I have no memory issues whatsoever.

Sincerely,, mike

On May 6, 2018 at 18:25, <Chuck Dean (mailto:cadean329@...)> wrote:

Chuck

Kind regards,

George Cham

Chuck

Kind regards,

George Cham

Chuck (mobile)