Topics

Build 55 problem with financial App

Chuck Dean

Hello, I went to pay a bill on my UBS bank App; when I needed to enter the amount, the FlickType keyboard was present and a one finger tap and hold would not switch to the iOS keyboard. I tried every gesture I know, but nothing would happen.
I had to exit the App, go to notes where I could bring up a text field, then I could switch to the iOS keyboard.
While I was flicking around on the FlickType keyboard trying to dismiss it, numbers were being entered into the text field, the number keypad must have been present under the FlickType custom keyboard. I really didn't want to send AT&T ten million dollars. :)
I had some other difficulties with the App when trying to enter my pin number and had to turn voice over off. I am not sure if this was FlickType related.

Chuck

Chuck Dean

Fyi I tried this on another App that has a text field for entering dollar amounts, and had the same problem. The three finger swipe down would work, but the tap and hold would not. This is only a check register App and is not a secure App like a financial App, so, I think it will probably miss behave in all amount fields.

Chuck

On May 4, 2018, at 9:52 AM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Hello, I went to pay a bill on my UBS bank App; when I needed to enter the amount, the FlickType keyboard was present and a one finger tap and hold would not switch to the iOS keyboard. I tried every gesture I know, but nothing would happen.
I had to exit the App, go to notes where I could bring up a text field, then I could switch to the iOS keyboard.
While I was flicking around on the FlickType keyboard trying to dismiss it, numbers were being entered into the text field, the number keypad must have been present under the FlickType custom keyboard. I really didn't want to send AT&T ten million dollars. :)
I had some other difficulties with the App when trying to enter my pin number and had to turn voice over off. I am not sure if this was FlickType related.

Chuck

Chuck Dean

I found that I could go back to the iOS keyboard if I did a three finger flick down to dismiss the FlickType keyboard; then double tap in another text field, then the tap and hold would work.

Chuck

On May 4, 2018, at 10:02 AM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Fyi I tried this on another App that has a text field for entering dollar amounts, and had the same problem. The three finger swipe down would work, but the tap and hold would not. This is only a check register App and is not a secure App like a financial App, so, I think it will probably miss behave in all amount fields.

Chuck

Chuck

Chuck Dean

FYI: I was curious if this problem was due to the update build 55, so I reverted to the previous build, the problem was also present in build 54.

Chuck

On May 4, 2018, at 10:27 AM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

I found that I could go back to the iOS keyboard if I did a three finger flick down to dismiss the FlickType keyboard; then double tap in another text field, then the tap and hold would work.

Chuck

On May 4, 2018, at 10:02 AM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Chuck

Chuck