Topics

Build 50

Benny Barber

Kosta,

I was recently added to the alpha group from the beta group. When I go to the test flight app, I only see build 45 available. Is there anything else I need to do? Thanks.

Benny

Salman Haider

This is exactly the question that I have. I don’t see it listed for me in TestFlight. And I got added to this group recently as well

On Apr 27, 2018, at 8:58 AM, Benny Barber <rebelben@...> wrote:

Kosta,

I was recently added to the alpha group from the beta group. When I go to the test flight app, I only see build 45 available. Is there anything else I need to do? Thanks.

Benny

Chuck Dean

Build 50
Hello, I really like the tap and hold to switch keyboards, but I realize this will interfere with manual text input. One of the reasons I didn't use the Fleksy system wide keyboard in minimal mode was it was too hard to go back to the iOS keyboard.
I would like to see a similar simple gesture in the future to accomplish this task perhaps the flick down and hold gesture? This particular task is very important to me. Many times I need to go to the iOS keyboard, if this can't be accomplished easily and consistently, I see myself staying with the stand alone keyboard.
Thanks,

Chuck

Chuck Dean

Build 50
Hello, if I am switching between keyboards, and want to erase some text, I can only erase the text typed since the FlickType keyboard was continued. Its as if each time I switch keyboards a new session is launched.
Just an observation, no big deal.

Chuck

Chuck Dean

Build 50
I am rethinking my opposition to a half screen keyboard. I can now see where it may be useful.
In the Fleksy app a minimal keyboard is available which is a half screen keyboard. I used it for a long time, and it worked well, its main flaw was an inability to switch keyboards easily and consistently. It had a two step process that was hit or miss. Otherwise, the keyboard worked well... Until about a year ago when for some reason the word predictions were failing. Every word I typed was wrong and it took two or more swipes to find the correct word.

Perhaps, in the future, FlickType could have a toggle for a full or half screen keyboard?

Another major flaw with the minimal Fleksy keyboard was the new line button was also a long press to bring up an emoji keyboard, so about 80% of the time I was in the wrong keyboard. :)

Chuck

Chuck Dean

Build 50
I found a bug which may only affect me. If I am typing in portrait mode and switch to landscapemode, the text I typed in portrait mode disappears... Sometimes. I tried to duplicate this and couldn't so I went back to typing and it did it to me again.
As long as I do not change modes everything works fine.
BTW the system wide keyboard types equally as well in landscape mode.

Chuck

George Cham

Hi, I I'm finding that it I stop typing, to check what I've typed, and go back to the flick type on screen keyboard, the previous sentence is gone.

Kind regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26

Get Outlook<https://aka.ms/qtex0l> for iOS
Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2018 9:46:18 AM
To: Alpha
Subject: [FlickType-alpha] Build 50

Build 50
I found a bug which may only affect me. If I am typing in portrait mode and switch to landscapemode, the text I typed in portrait mode disappears... Sometimes. I tried to duplicate this and couldn't so I went back to typing and it did it to me again.
As long as I do not change modes everything works fine.
BTW the system wide keyboard types equally as well in landscape mode.

Chuck