Topics

Build 45

Please report all your feedback by replying to this topic.

In this release:
- Fixed broken dictionary export and import flow.
- Renamed "Export dictionary" menu option to just "Dictionary", since you can also use it to read what is currently in your dictionary.

As always, thank you for testing FlickType!

Kosta & Ashley

Santiago

Seems to be working well so far on my end.

Santiago

On Apr 22, 2018, at 3:59 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

In this release:
- Renamed "Export dictionary" menu option to just "Dictionary", since you can also use it to read what is currently in your dictionary.

Kosta & Ashley

Chuck Dean

Build 45
This is working very well. I have been typing for a half an hour and I haven't encountered a problem.
I exported the dictionary from my phone to my iPad Mini. I found that I needed to be running the same version on both devices for it to sync. Once I updated the iPad, the export worked very well in both directions. I was shocked at how many words I have entered.

No complaints here!

Chuck

Chuck Dean

Build 45
I discovered something that solved the only quirk with FlickType.
Most of the time I use FlickType in landscape mode, but when I would turn the iPhone, my screen would turn black and I had to turn it back to portrait to retrieve the keyboard. By reading other posts I realized my hand was momentarily covering the ear piece and activating the raise to speak function.
As long as I keep my hand away from the ear piece it works perfectly.

Chuck

George Cham

Ok, I've just imported dictionary from backup
However, the link does not open in microsoft outlook.
When I opened it in apple mail it worked.
Can this be fixed so the link will open in other mail apps besides apple mail? Also, when import was completed, there was no notification that the import was done.
It just went back to the email message.

Kind regards,

George Cham

‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
Numbers 6:24-26

Get Outlook<https://aka.ms/qtex0l> for iOS

Thank you George. Since the Apple Mail app is available to everyone, we think it's best for our users if we instead focus on more impactful things, like developing the new system-wide keyboard extension.

That said, I'm surprised to hear that there was no confirmation that the import took place. Once you tap the link and it opens in FlickType, you should get an alert with something like "Added 12 words to the dictionary".

Chuck, did that work for you as I described?

Thanks,
Kosta

Chuck Dean

Yes, it did.

Chuck

On Apr 22, 2018, at 11:44 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thank you George. Since the Apple Mail app is available to everyone, we think it's best for our users if we instead focus on more impactful things, like developing the new system-wide keyboard extension.

That said, I'm surprised to hear that there was no confirmation that the import took place. Once you tap the link and it opens in FlickType, you should get an alert with something like "Added 12 words to the dictionary".

Chuck, did that work for you as I described?

Thanks,
Kosta

Alex Hiironen

Hi,

Just dropping in to also confirm the dictionary import is working well. Thanks a bunch for this!

Alex

On Apr 22, 2018, at 6:59 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

In this release:

Kosta & Ashley

Paul Sutton

Hi, I'm not sure if this is a bug or I am doing something wrong but weather I have echo entered characters turned on or not, it doesn't echo when I type. Cheers, Paul.

Thank you Paul. The current setting named "Echo entered characters" is confusing at best. When you tap and hold to find a particular letter, you will hear what character your finger is currently touching, and when you release, that character will be entered. With that setting on, you will also get character feedback on release.

We'll improve on this soon, thank you for the feedback.
- Kosta

Paul Sutton

Thanks ☺️

On 24 Apr 2018, at 01:40, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Thank you Paul. The current setting named "Echo entered characters" is confusing at best. When you tap and hold to find a particular letter, you will hear what character your finger is currently touching, and when you release, that character will be entered. With that setting on, you will also get character feedback on release.

We'll improve on this soon, thank you for the feedback.
- Kosta