Topics

Build 39

Please report all your feedback by replying to this topic. Thank you for testing FlickType!

In this release:
- Fixed incorrect word announcements when punctuation announcement was off. Words with an apostrophe would be split into two parts, as if the apostrophe became a space. For example, "don't" would be pronounced as "don tee".
- Apostrophes and hyphens will no longer be included in word announcements, unless there is potential for confusion between candidates. For example, the contraction for "it is" will always include the apostrophe in the announcement, to distinguish from the possessive "its". But words like "isn't", "doesn't" and "don't" will be announced normally, without the apostrophe being spoken.
- Apostrophes and hyphens will no longer be included in word deletion announcements.
- Fixed incorrect announcement when deleting a new line.

Please report all your feedback by replying to this topic. Thank you for testing FlickType!

Kosta & Ashley

I forgot to include the following in the changelog:
- Fixed erroneous announcement "Possible text: ASDFGHJKL"

Justin Thornton

Just a quick note.
The new menu gesture swiping up from the bottom of the screen is affecting my ability to go home on the iPhone X with voiceover on.
I can no longer do this.

On Apr 18, 2018, at 3:34 AM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

In this release:
- Fixed incorrect word announcements when punctuation announcement was off. Words with an apostrophe would be split into two parts, as if the apostrophe became a space. For example, "don't" would be pronounced as "don tee".
- Apostrophes and hyphens will no longer be included in word announcements, unless there is potential for confusion between candidates. For example, the contraction for "it is" will always include the apostrophe in the announcement, to distinguish from the possessive "its". But words like "isn't", "doesn't" and "don't" will be announced normally, without the apostrophe being spoken.
- Apostrophes and hyphens will no longer be included in word deletion announcements.

Kosta & Ashley

Thanks, Justin! We're removing this feature as there's a number of issues, it's especially bad for non-iPhone X users.

Nice hearing from you!
Ashley

Here are my comments on build 0.1-39:

1. I'm not too fussed about how contractions are pronounced but the current implementation of speaking them normally seems to be working fine and I know many others prefer how it's now working. I still hope you can have words entered manually containing hyphens, apostrophes, ampersands, or other special characters completely pronounced when swiping right to complete the entry. Now, and for all builds as far as I'm aware, Voiceover only speaks what was entered after the special character.

2. Add me to the list of those who don't like the single finger swipe up gesture to invoke the menu. I'm too getting unpredictable results with this gesture interfering with the other duties it performs such as adding a word to your custom dictionary. I also got the control panel invoked when attempting to add a manually typed word to my custom dictionary via a single finger swipe up. I don't have an iPhone X nor do I expect I ever will unless that's all they sell but the 2 finger swipe up to invoke the menu has always worked just fine for me but I admit I never much use that gesture to invoke Voiceover reading from top to bottom.

I'm still running an iPhone 7 with iOS 11.3.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Alan Lemly

-----Original Message-----
From: alpha@flicktype.groups.io [mailto:alpha@flicktype.groups.io] On Behalf Of FlickType
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2018 3:35 AM
To: alpha@flicktype.groups.io
Subject: [FlickType-alpha] Build 39

In this release:

Kosta & Ashley

Appreciate the feedback, Alan!

1) We've been waiting for feedback on the contractions, glad you like the change. As for the manual entry, we still have that on our list but trying to fix higher priority issues now.

2) We are removing the single finger flick from the bottom of the screen, as it did not work as intended due to a bug in iOS.

Update coming soon!
Ashley

Build 41 is out with the only change being the following:

- Disabled the new menu gesture. Suppressing the system gesture for the control center did not work on all devices due to an iOS bug, and also caused confusion for some people on iPhone X. If that gesture worked well for you, let us know and we might add it back as an option. Thank you for all the great feedback!

Planning on releasing that to beta shortly unless there's any reports of major issues.

Thank you for testing!
- Kosta