Topics

Build 199

In this release:
- New watch app! You can now send messages straight from your Apple Watch. Once you've typed your message, firmly press the screen to bring up the menu, then select "Send". More instructions below.
- Performance improvements to make FlickType even more snappy.
- Reduced memory usage.
- Dictionary improvements.
- Visual announcement tweaks.
- Various bug fixes.

Watch app instructions:

TYPING
- Don't worry about being super accurate with your taps or flicks!
- Type a word, and then flick RIGHT. This will guess the word and insert a space.
- For alternative word suggestions, flick DOWN.
- To insert punctuation, flick RIGHT again after a word.
- For alternative punctuation suggestions including emoji, flick UP or DOWN.
- To delete, flick LEFT.

WHEN DONE
- To review your entire message or move the cursor, rotate the Digital Crown. Tap anywhere to resume typing.
- To send your message, firmly press the screen to bring up the menu. This includes: "Send", "Clear", "Predictions" and "Sound".

Please note that there are a few things still missing from the watch app, such as number or symbol entry, as well as manual typing.

Warmly,
- Kosta and Ashley

Ed Worrell

Hello Kosta,

I am having issues with activating the share menu the Apple Watch app. It seems to take two firm presses to activate the menu. On this second firm press text is disappearing. I am also having major issues with typing the word “Hello”. Is it possible to create tap sounds for the tap typing, I think the major issue I am having is that the haptic feedback is to soft for me to realize that I have or haven’t typed a letter.

Thanks,

Ed

On Oct 16, 2018, at 2:14 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

In this release:
- New watch app! You can now send messages straight from your Apple Watch. Once you've typed your message, firmly press the screen to bring up the menu, then select "Send". More instructions below.
- Performance improvements to make FlickType even more snappy.
- Reduced memory usage.
- Dictionary improvements.
- Visual announcement tweaks.
- Various bug fixes.

Watch app instructions:

TYPING
- Don't worry about being super accurate with your taps or flicks!
- Type a word, and then flick RIGHT. This will guess the word and insert a space.
- For alternative word suggestions, flick DOWN.
- To insert punctuation, flick RIGHT again after a word.
- For alternative punctuation suggestions including emoji, flick UP or DOWN.
- To delete, flick LEFT.

WHEN DONE
- To review your entire message or move the cursor, rotate the Digital Crown. Tap anywhere to resume typing.
- To send your message, firmly press the screen to bring up the menu. This includes: "Send", "Clear", "Predictions" and "Sound".

Please note that there are a few things still missing from the watch app, such as number or symbol entry, as well as manual typing.

Warmly,
- Kosta and Ashley

Hi Ed,

I'll have to investigate the firm press issue - I haven't experienced that before.
On the tap feedback, it's a bit tricky to implement on watchOS but I'm looking into it. You can also try going to the watch settings, then Sounds & Haptics, and setting the alert volume to the maximum, ensuring haptic alerts are enabled and also set them to "Prominent".

Thank you for the reports!
- Kosta

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 2:05 PM Ed Worrell via Groups.Io <ed.worrell=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hello Kosta,

I am having issues with activating the share menu the Apple Watch app. It seems to take two firm presses to activate the menu. On this second firm press text is disappearing. I am also having major issues with typing the word “Hello”. Is it possible to create tap sounds for the tap typing, I think the major issue I am having is that the haptic feedback is to soft for me to realize that I have or haven’t typed a letter.

Thanks,

Ed

> On Oct 16, 2018, at 2:14 PM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:
>
> In this release:
> - New watch app! You can now send messages straight from your Apple Watch. Once you've typed your message, firmly press the screen to bring up the menu, then select "Send". More instructions below.
> - Performance improvements to make FlickType even more snappy.
> - Reduced memory usage.
> - Dictionary improvements.
> - Visual announcement tweaks.
> - Various bug fixes.
>
> Watch app instructions:
>
> TYPING
> - Don't worry about being super accurate with your taps or flicks!
> - Type a word, and then flick RIGHT. This will guess the word and insert a space.
> - For alternative word suggestions, flick DOWN.
> - To insert punctuation, flick RIGHT again after a word.
> - For alternative punctuation suggestions including emoji, flick UP or DOWN.
> - To delete, flick LEFT.
>
> WHEN DONE
> - To review your entire message or move the cursor, rotate the Digital Crown. Tap anywhere to resume typing.
> - To send your message, firmly press the screen to bring up the menu. This includes: "Send", "Clear", "Predictions" and "Sound".
>
> Please note that there are a few things still missing from the watch app, such as number or symbol entry, as well as manual typing.
>
> Warmly,
> - Kosta and Ashley
>
>
>

Chuck Dean

Hi Kosta,
Build 199 is working very well and seems even more responsive... If that is possible.

One thing I noticed, and I do not know if this is new, but when I hit the space bar, flicktype inserts a period. I have the spacebar active so, on rare occasions I can insert just a space.

Otherwise... Perfect!👍 

Chuck (mobile)
Pleez x cuze enny tie ping or spelin air ores.

Thank you Chuck, good to know things are working well.

About the spacebar, I am able to reproduce the issue. I wonder if something broke recently, or if it's been like that for a while. I didn't think anyone was using the spacebar to be honest, smile.

- Kosta

Chuck Dean

Sometimes I need a space between numbers when sending emails to my gear head friends.
I used to switch to the ios keyboard, then realized I could turn on the spacebar.😎 

Chuck (mobile)
Pleez x cuze enny tie ping or spelin air ores.

On Oct 16, 2018, at 8:14 PM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

Thank you Chuck, good to know things are working well.

About the spacebar, I am able to reproduce the issue. I wonder if something broke recently, or if it's been like that for a while. I didn't think anyone was using the spacebar to be honest, smile.

- Kosta