Topics

Build 181 is buggy

Chuck Dean

Hello Kosta,
I tried the watch keyboard, which works well, but build 181 is buggy on the iPhone.

Using either the flick right and hold or the return key to insert a new line is not announced and the the keyboard will not continue to type unless I tap a couple of times.☹️

I reverted back to build 177.

I am using an iPhone 8, running iOS 12.0  

Chuck (mobile)
Pleez x cuze enny tie ping or spelin air ores.

Thank you Chuck. This is why the builds with the experimental watch app haven't been pushed to any of the alpha or beta groups yet.

There's still some work to be done to iron out such issues.

- Kosta

Chuck Dean

Ok,
I think the watch keyboard has some real potential. I was actually shocked how well it typed. Amazing it can differentiate the different taps on such a tiny screen. 

Chuck (mobile)

On Oct 9, 2018, at 11:32 AM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

Thank you Chuck. This is why the builds with the experimental watch app haven't been pushed to any of the alpha or beta groups yet.

- Kosta

Ed Worrell

Hey Kosta,

I am not seeing this build in the TestFlight app. Did I miss something? I would love to help test the apps and very experimental features.

Thanks,

Ed Worrell

On Oct 9, 2018, at 12:36 PM, Chuck Dean <cadean329@...> wrote:

Ok,
I think the watch keyboard has some real potential. I was actually shocked how well it typed. Amazing it can differentiate the different taps on such a tiny screen. 

Chuck (mobile)

On Oct 9, 2018, at 11:32 AM, FlickType <hello@...> wrote:

- Kosta

Salman Haider

Hi Kosta,
I am just curious... If the new build was not sent out to the alpha group yet, how was chuck able to get it? I didn't even know that a new build was even out, since TestFlight does not have it. At least on my end. And I also didn't receive any notification about it either.
Just trying to understand this, that's all.
Thanks,
Salman

On Oct 9, 2018, at 2:32 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

- Kosta

Edited

Hi Alpha Team,

Sorry for the confusion, we just sent out the latest build to people specifically in the watch group. If you have a watch and want to give it a try, please subscribe at watch+subscribe@flicktype.groups.io. We didn't send the build to everyone in the alpha group in case it broke some aspects of the phone app, which could be especially annoying if you don't have a watch.

For those that don't have a watch, we do will some updates that will be coming through in Alpha soon.

Cheers!
Ashley

Salman Haider

Got it. Thanks for the clarification!

On Oct 9, 2018, at 4:44 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

Hi Alpha Team,

Sorry for the confusion, we just sent out the latest build to people specifically in the watch group. If you have a watch and want to give it a try, please subscribe at watch+subscribe@flicktype.groups.io. We didn't to send the build to everyone in the alpha group in case it broke some aspects of the phone app, which could be especially annoying if you don't have a watch.

For those that don't have a watch, we do will some updates that will be coming through in Alpha soon.

Cheers!
Ashley