Topics

Build 155

While there are no changes related to the half-screen keyboard in this release, we are still working on it and hope to have an update with improvements soon.

What's new:
- Bigger, more visually accessible key labels.
- Changed icon for "Next Keyboard" button.

Container app:
- Renamed "Email support" button to "Feedback" and removed "flicktype.com" button.
- Updated the "Welcome" and "Upgrade" tabs.
- Swapped order of "Demo" and "Upgrade" tabs.

Please let us know what you think about the container app changes, as well as the keyboard itself. Thank you!

Benny Barber

Kosta,
I can't give any feedback on the visual changes, but the container app changes seem to be a good move. I would like to take this opportunity to request your consideration in a change in the spelling feedback feature. Currently the only options are all or nothing. Would it be possible to have 4 options? The 4 would be 1. All categories2. No spelling feedback 3. Only after the flick right to space 4. Only moving through words with the 2 finger flick right/left and moving through the alternative word list.. I only like the spelling feedback with the 2 finger flick right/left and and flicking through the alternative word list. Spelling feedback after a flick right to space is a bit bothersome to me. Thanks for your consideration.
Benny

On Aug 21, 2018, at 6:21 PM, FlickType <@FlickType> wrote:

While there are no changes related to the half-screen keyboard in this release, we are still working on it and hope to have an update with improvements soon.

What's new:
- Bigger, more visually accessible key labels.
- Changed icon for "Next Keyboard" button.

Container app:
- Renamed "Email support" button to "Feedback" and removed "flicktype.com" button.
- Updated the "Welcome" and "Upgrade" tabs.
- Swapped order of "Demo" and "Upgrade" tabs.

Please let us know what you think about the container app changes, as well as the keyboard itself. Thank you!

Chuck Dean

Hi kosta .
I tried turning on " always show letters " to see the change . I noticed a bunch of red screens when this was turned on.
Now I have it turned off and I have only seen one red screen .
Just thought you would like to know ,
Chuck

We will definitely add some more spelling feedback options. Thank you for the suggestion.

The new, larger keyboard letters might take a little bit more memory and thus theoretically cause more memory warnings which are shown as red screens. Warnings are just that, and we don't yet have any indication that the keyboard is any more likely to be terminated by iOS due to lower memory, compared to previous builds. Regardless, we'll add a toggle in the settings so you can disable the red screens, and only ask that you enable it when we know we have termination issues and need help debugging it.

- Kosta

Chuck Dean

Hello kosta ,
While typing an email reply I flicked right to insert a period , the screen flashed a couple of times and it changed to the iOS keyboard.
I could not get the iPhone to go back to the FlickType keyboard until I closed the app .

I have had this happen a couple of times in the past, it only seems to happen in email replies.

Chuck